Taylor Swift Announces Upcoming ‘Era’s Tour’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Taylor Swift finally announced her next highly anticipated tour! 

Fans– or Swifties, as they colloquially call themselves– have been desperately awaiting a chance to see the Grammy Award-winner for years. In Fall 2019, Swift revealed that she would be touring the United States and performing her 2019 album, Lover, in stadiums in major U.S. cities. Due to the pandemic, the tour was canceled, but that didn’t keep Taylor from providing her fans with plenty of music.

Since the release of Lover, Taylor Swift has dropped three brand-new albums and two re-recordings of her previous albums that come with never-before heard songs “From the Vault”. In Summer 2020, Swift surprise released the quintessential cloudy-day classic, folklore. Just a few months later, she dropped folklore’s sister album, evermore and shocked her fans for the second time that year. 

Taylor Swift folklore
Republic

For Taylor, 2021 was the year of the re-releases. In an effort to reclaim her music after the masters were sold without her consent, Taylor Swift disclosed that she will re-record her first six studio albums to have ownership of her music. Not only would the re-releases have all the music we know and love, but they also come with “vault tracks,” or songs that were originally written in the era of the album but did not get released. Fearless (Taylor’s Version) came out in April 2021 and Red (Taylor’s Version) came shortly after in November of the same year.

Now, with the recent release of her tenth album, Midnights, fans are ecstatic to experience the new era live on tour, but are also looking forward to celebrating all of Taylor’s previous music, as well. Swift took to Good Morning America on Monday to announce her Era’s Tour, saying “it’s a journey through all of the musical eras of my career” (GMA.) She also revealed that she will be joined by numerous artists, including Phoebe Bridgers, HAIM, Girl in Red, and MUNA. The tour will kick off in Arizona in March 2023 and the U.S. leg will conclude in Los Angeles later in August. 
Fans can sign up for Ticketmaster Verified Fan Presale until November 9th and Capitol One card holders will have a chance to purchase tickets on November 15th. Tickets will become available to the general public on the 18th.

Kiana Sardari

UC Riverside '24

Third year Media and Cultural Studies and Global Studies double major. Probably at a concert right now.