Steven Wong, The Unexpected Softie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Name: Steven Wong

Year: Third Year

Major: Business

Hometown: Torrey Pines, San Diego

Relationship Status: Taken

What’s your favorite junk food and why?

Burritos! I was born and raised in San Diego so I live off of those mouthwatering tortilla filled Mexican delights. If you are in SD I recommend going to El Patron and ordering the “Grande Burrito” aka the “Arm Length Burrito” that monster can feed an entire family for just $7.

What do you miss most about home?

My mom’s home cooked meals. There is something really nice and comforting to know my mom will always have food prepared when I come home. It’s also really nice to not have to eat the EXACT same thing for every meal. Sometimes you just have to appreciate the little things in life.

What do you usually think about right before you go to sleep?

My girlfriend because we always talk to each other before we sleep so I end up thinking about her before I knock out.

Where do you want to be in 5 years?

Well, I know I don’t want to be homeless! I hope I can find a job that I really enjoy. I also hope I will still be just as close to my best friends. Finally, I really hope I can be married by then!

What was your favorite year at UCR and why?

For me, it was without a doubt freshman year! My best memories of college took place during that year.

What do you like to do during your downtime?

I like to go to the gym. But working out to me is about more than just getting buff. I find going to the gym a great way to deal with the stress in my life. It is also great for your health!

Alyssa Park

UC Riverside

Being a third year anthropology major, it has been my passion to connect with people in a meaningful way. I want to do my best to be as honest, open and relate able with my readers and to make sure my articles represent who I am as an individual. I love to write and to share the quirky little things I've gotten out of life. I aspire to one day share these stories and articles with global audiences in established magazine editorials. Overall, it is my goal to make the most out of the opportunities given to me and to make others around me feel encouraged and happy. If people would stop focusing on the negative, then maybe they would see that life can be pretty awesome if they want it to be.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside