Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Spooky Season Activities For You and Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

It’s spooky season, everyone, and everyone knows that fall is cuffing season! Here are a couple of date ideas for you and your significant other to do during Halloween. 

Bake Halloween Cookies

This is an adorable date idea for you and your partner, whether it be the Pillsbury dough pumpkin cookies or making the cookies from scratch. You could even decorate the cookies with orange and yellow frosting for the pumpkin vibe or purple and grey frosting for the zombie vibe. 

Watch Disney Halloween Movies 

Anyone with a Disney+ subscription knows the plethora of Halloween movies available on the site. From Hocus Pocus to Halloweentown, you can find all your childhood favorites there, so after you make your cookies cuddle up real close and watch one of your favorite and nostalgic Halloween movies. 

Horror Movie Marathon 

For those more adventurous couples looking for a spookier Halloween experience, try a scary movie marathon. Cuddle up real close and watch anything from the Annabelle series to insidious!   

Make Carmel Apples 

Caramel apples are a fall staple, and they are relatively easy to make! You and your partner will have a wonderful time creating these tasty treats and can even spice them up with any toppings of your choice. 

Pumpkin Carving Contests 

Want a chance to show off your competitive side; A pumpkin carving contest is the perfect way to do this. Not only will you have cool new Halloween decorations for your home, but you can also bake some delicious pumpkin-themed treats with the insides, another opportunity for you and your partner to bond. 

Go to a theme park 

During the month before Halloween, most theme parks have Halloween-themed activities. For the thrill-seekers, Six flags Fright Fest might suit you better! For those looking for a more tame experience, try Disneyland and its family-friendly activities.

Senna Omar

UC Riverside '25

Senna is a political science major, who plans on going to law school. Her passions include writing, photography, and journalism and she plans on becoming a political journalist following graduation.