Slut Brownies: A Recipe & History

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

If you’re anything like me, and you crave chocolatey goodness, then lucky for you I got the recipe that will definitely meet your tastes. One of my absolute favorite treats out there, a treat no other can compare to, a treat that all other treats awe in its presence, is the (drumroll please) – SLUT BROWNIE!  

You may be asking yourself, what the heck are slut brownies? Well, let me tell you. The slut brownie is a marvel within itself, containing the power of a chocolate chip cookie, Oreo, and brownie all in one. It can’t get any better than that!

But first, a quick little background on the name, because why were these precious little treats of delight endowed with such a name? Or, if you just got to have the recipe, then you are more than welcome to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Personally, I like to call them slut brownies, since that’s what they were called back at my old high school, but they are officially called slutty brownies. Now for the mini food history lesson. Sometime in 2011, a blogger named Amanda published a recipe that would set the internet in a reposting frenzy. With innocent intentions, she wanted to share something sweet and tasty with the world, but you know how the internet can be. Her delicious little creation had quickly turned into the food world’s dirtiest delicacy, and with reason. The slut brownie itself is an Oreo literally sandwiched between a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie, so it was bound to happen. 

To quote Rosie from her blog The Londoner, “they’re called Slutty Brownies because they’re oh so easy, and more than a little bit filthy.” Boy was she right. Slut Brownies are way too easy to make, and they’re sure to make you feel a little dirty right after you eat them.

Now for the good stuff… the recipe!

This recipe is super super simple, and very quick to prepare. 

Ingredients

• 1 box of Betty Crocker cookie dough mix (Betty Crocker is easy to make and cheap!)

• 1 box of Betty Crocker brownie mix 

• 1 package of Oreos (regular, double, or even mega, should be fine)

• 2 eggs (one for each box)

• Oil 

• Water

Materials 

• A baking pan

• Foil or wax power

• Non stick cooking spray

• 2 mixing bowls (one for each box)

• A whisk 

• A spoon (to taste) 

• A cute little tray (for display)

• A knife 

(Photo from JessieCakesDiary)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking pan with foil or wax paper (it makes it easier to remove from the pan) and coat it with some nonstick cooking spray.

Follow the instructions for the cookie dough mix and then flatten the cookie dough onto the bottom of the pan. 

(Photo from StayingCloseToHome)

Then evenly top it with a layer of Oreos. 

(Photo From JessieCakesDiary)

Follow the instructions for the brownie mix and then pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. 

Cover it with foil and bake that sucker up at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then take off the foil and put it back in for another 15 to 25 minutes. 

(Photo From WyldFlour)

Once the time is up, let it cool for a bit so that the brownie can solidify – unless you prefer a gooier consistency then you are more than welcome to cut it up earlier. You can also top it off with sprinkles or ice cream or anything your heart desires, and you can gobble it right up. But besides that, you have officially made a slut brownie! 

Angela Mayorga

UC Riverside '22

Brown, Proud, and Down. Chicana writer with a lot to say! Check out my insta for more @angelswritetoo