Seduce Him This Valentine’s Day With These 3 Sexy Scents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

If you need one good reason to splurge on an amazing perfume here’s one: Researchers have shown that smell and memories are intimately connected. Smell can trigger memories and emotional responses to them, since your brain links what you smell to an event, person, or thing.

So whether you want to make yourself unforgettable this valentine’s day (as well as everyday!), make that crush of yours look your way, or just smell pretty damn good, try out these 3 different scents.

*Retail prices: Macys. Sephora. Victoria’s Secret. 

*For deals on these scents check out: Frangancenet.com, Overstock.com, your local Military Base Exchanges (if you have a military ID card), and your local Marshalls and Ross stores.

Juicy Couture: Couture, Couture 

There has not been one time when I wore this perfume and have NOT been complimented on it. It has maximum staying power even with as little as two squirts. It is light scent with traces of “pink grape accord, mandarin, creamy sandalwood, vanilla, honeysuckle, blushed plum, orange blossom, amber, and star jasmine.” For me, I say it smells like spiced vanilla. The number one repeated compliment I have received from this scent is “You smell like a real woman.” This scents screams “Goddess.” He won’t be able to resist you wearing this scent!

Victoria’s Secret: Dark Orchid

Talk about the ultimate seduction. This perfume is a bit stronger with a more woodsy scent. This screams “bad-a** and evokes the image of being naughty and nice.  It is a mix of “midnight orchid, crushed plum and oud wood.” So go ahead and mix your business with pleasure by spritzing this on and showing your man who’s boss.

Coach: Poppy

If you want to a more light, playful and flirty scent, try Coach’s Poppy. He’ll definitely want to cuddle up with you after one sniff of this. This scent is a mix of “jasmine and gardenia blended with fresh cucumber and rose petals.” 

Katrina Honer

UC Riverside

Katrina is 3rd year Anthropology and Psychology double major at UC Riverside. She works as a peer mentor for freshman students and as a programs associate for the Highlander Union Building. She says "Life being what it is, it is all about going along for the ride and seeing where it takes you." She enjoys writing in her spare time and strives to write articles that not only appeal to a college environment but that also challenge cultural beliefs.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside