This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Imagine the trickling of rain down your window. You’ve got a cup of tea by your side, fuzzy socks on your feet, and mountains of blankets covering your body. All that’s missing is music to fully reach comfort nirvana. Since the past couple weeks have been relatively gloomy for SoCal standards, I’ve compiled a list of albums practically made for this weather. Enjoy a bit of relaxation before the storm of finals week hits.

Glass Animals – ZABA

Glass Animals are a British indie rock band that blends electronic elements seamlessly into their songs. Perhaps you’ve heard their song “Gooey” that exploded on Spotify recently. Lead singer Dave Bayley’s soothing voice drives this album into a dreamy abyss that I’d never want to escape.

Karen O – Crush Songs

The lo-fi, fuzzy quality of Karen O’s first solo album makes it ideal for a sleepy afternoon. It is much mellower than her work with Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and the songs contain such an honest and heartfelt tone.

Band of Horses – Infinite Arms

This album has been one of my all-time favorites for years and was even nominated for a Grammy in 2010. Although they are classified as indie rock, there is a bit of country influence to their music. The title track instantly de-stresses with its soft instrumentals.

Alex Turner – Submarine

Yes, Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys’ fame has an acoustic solo album. And yes, it’s beautiful. It consists of songs produced for the film Submarine that are stripped down enough to allow his calming voice and lyrics to shine.

Adele – 19

Who doesn’t appreciate Adele’s music at some point? Her vocals are breathtaking, and each song’s melody is undeniably catchy. “Make You Feel My Love” and “Daydreamer” are my personal favorites.

I'm a fourth year, creative writing major who enjoys thrifting, idolizing David Bowie, and consuming inane amounts of hazelnut coffee.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside