This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Everyone’s favorite housewives are back and are as catty as ever. Season 9 has taken on a shocking turn as the Puppygate scandal continues to unfold. Here’s everything you need to know:

Dorit Kemsley adopted a dog infamously known as Lucy Lucy Apple Juice from Lisa Vanderpump’s dog foundation, Vanderpump Dogs. After biting Dorit’s husband and her children, Dorit decided to find Lucy another loving home instead of going directly to Lisa. However, Lucy ended up in a kill shelter somewhere in Los Angeles.

(Photo by @VanderVVtm on Twitter)

Fans were thrown into the midst of this drama during episode 1, when Teddi Mellencamp and Kyle Richards visit LVP at her rescue center. It is revealed through Teddi’s conversation with employee John Blizzard that she had prior knowledge about this incident. On camera, LVP didn’t want to discuss the issue with anyone.

However, in episode four, Teddi accused LVP of orchestrating the whole thing. By using the hostile and tenuous relationship between Teddi and Dorit, LVP ordered her employee to divulge information about the dog incident to Teddi so she could publicly shame Dorit. This would subsequently keep LVP’s hands clean and place all the blame on Teddi.

LVP, however, has stated numerous times that she had nothing to do with this, claiming she had no prior knowledge of Teddi’s involvement. Although Vanderpump may have been caught in her web of lies, Teddi is not necessarily clean either.

Lisa presented six pages of texts between Teddi and John Blizzard that implicated Teddi in trying to sabotage Dorit —“Have the dog there and I can say it looks like Dorit’s.”

(Photo by Bravo TV)

In the latest episode, Teddi took responsibility for her actions and apologized to Dorit whilst LVP remained in denial, even after Teddi showed texts proving that Lisa knew of her involvement despite what she previously had said.  

(Photo by @TeddiMellencamp on Twitter)

Although things still remain unclear, the puppygate scandal has tore apart friendships and tested the Housewives trust in one another.

Who’s side are you on? Catch the latest episode on Bravo to watch how the rest of this puppy scandal unfold.

Samantha Park

UC Riverside '22

Poet || Writer || Editor Find me somewhere drinking coffee and reading Sylvia Plath
Hi, I'm Savannah. I'm currently a Senior at UCRiveride studying Sociology. After graduation, I'm looking into doing Public Relations with a media and entertainment company. My favorite things to do are find the best shopping deals and go on road trips.