Style > Beauty

New Girl Expo: Beauty Freebies & Style Advice

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Being in college, balancing a job, internship, and social life can prove to be quite the challenge. Throw on top of that the pressure of trying to be more fashion forward all while your schedule doesn’t seems to cut you a break. Thankfully, there ways of figuring out your style and make up routine in this fast paced life many young women today lead. The 2nd Semi-Annual New Girl Expo will be held Saturdy June 29th, 2013 from 9am to 2pm at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach. This amazing event will be hosted by fashion blogger Morgan Bishopp and LA’s Power 106 DJ Mando Fresko who will be DJ’ing the event. DJ Mando Fresko has teamed up with NGE and Rush Cocktail lounge, the new hot spot in Buena Park with no cover charge and nightly drink specials, to bring you a 60 minute mix to get ready to for a girls’ night out, working out, or simply driving around with friends this summer. The mix “Who Run the World?” can be downloaded by clicking here.

Now, what is the New Girl Expo? It is a space in which young women can come for a one-stop-shop with a full service salon and a variety of vendors ready to cater to each individual’s needs. Their mission is to celebrate every woman’s individual beauty, providing them with a comfortable space to explore their unique style. New Girl Expo came to be when CEO and founder Ashley Leon – UCR alumna who graduated just this June – found herself lost in a world of trends she didn’t understand. After having searched for a place that could meet all her beauty and fashion needs she came up empty handed. That’s when she decided to create a hub where women all over southern California could convene and build their ideal look from hair, clothing, to cosmetics.

Guests will be able to enjoy a fun, lively environment where they can mingle with up-and-coming Youtube beauty gurus and learn some DIY beauty tips. With a wide ranging variety of vendors, everyone is sure to find a look they can identify with: Le Fashion Truck, Dig Thriftique, Blvd Love, and Glam Couture Jewels, just to name a few. Guests will also enjoy amenities from the vendors that will enhance their already natural beauty!

Just take a look at some of the attendee testimonials from the first New Girl Expo event:

If you’d like to attend this amazing expo make sure to grab an early ticket; it’s only $8! If you decide to drop by last minute it will be $10 at the door, but whatever you choose make sure to grab some friends for a wonderful day of lovely pampering.

Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/392493

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NewGirlExpo

Instagram: @NewGirlExpo

Twitter: @NewGirlExpo

Youtube: Youtube.com/NewGirlExpo

Lia Gonzalez

UC Riverside

Lia Gonzalez is a Creative Writing major at UCR. She is an alumna of Alpha Chi Omega, in which she held various positions. She was one of the first to write music related articles and artist interviews for HC - UCR. Read more of her articles by searching: Lia Gonzalez, and Music Spotlight.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside