This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Wherever I am, I always have one earbud in, listening to my Spotify mix. The best way to start the day is to have a morning/afternoon playlist that will make you feel like the main character. Here’s the top 3 songs that I’d recommend for this April’s playlist. 

Witness by Rosie Darling 

This is such a great song about moving on from someone and putting yourself first regardless of how the other person is feeling. Sometimes friendships or relationships don’t work out; people change, grow apart, and take new directions in life. We need change in our lives so that we can become better people, and we always have lessons that we take from our past. I absolutely love this song, and it’s so healing to know that we don’t need to stay in friendships or relationships that no longer serve us no matter how long it has been. 

Knocking on my Heart by Frawley 

You never know what you’ll find until you check Spotify radio and discover a new underrated artist. I’ve always been a fan of underrated pop songs from lowkey artists, and I’m in love with Frawley’s vocals. Her angelic voice and powerful vocals are the highlight of her song. She’s super talented and definitely deserves more recognition for her strong vocals. 

Coping by Rosie Darling

Another song by Rosie Darling. I love emotional songs that give off sentimental feelings. These songs stick with me and I love hearing how artists convey their emotions throughout the song. I’m obsessed with this song and have been sharing it with my friends. Definitely another underrated pop artist. 

Overall I always love listening to pop songs on my way to class or just wherever I’m headed. Music just adds so much excitement and value into our daily lives. Therefore, you should definitely check out these songs and add them to your spring playlist!

Chau Tran

UC Riverside '23

Chau is a writer for HerCampus at UC Riverside. She is currently a fourth year psychology major. She enjoys baking and journaling during her free time.