This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

One of my favorite methods of self-care is listening to music. Music sets the tone for my day-to-day life; I constantly have my headphones on as I walk around campus. There isn’t a moment when I don’t have my music playing, so here are some recommendations for my favorite songs.

Kiss Me More (feat. SZA) – Doja Cat

This song will always put me in a good mood. This collaboration was one of the best. Such a feel good song that easily gets stuck in your head and you won’t even be mad about it.

Everything I Know About Love – Laufey 

An artist I discovered on Tiktok. Her voice is very unique and this song was so sweet. It feels like a warm spring day. Highly recommend this song and more of the artist’s work.

Darl+ing – SEVENTEEN

IF YOU WANT IT – Rex Orange County

Amazing – Rex Orange County 

I Wonder If I Take You Home – Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, Full Force

An oldie but definitely still as good. Super catchy and the old 80s vibes fit perfectly with my recent music taste.

Windy Summer – Anri

As It Was – Harry Styles

Favorite Record – Fall Out Boy

Sweetest Pie – Megan Thee Stallion

About Damn Time – Lizzo

3 Nights – Dominic Fike 

Likey – TWICE

Retro Love – BOYHOOD

Plastic Girl – The Lamb

Lilac – IU

Anywhere – JUNE

Life Goes On – BTS

Skate – Silk Sonic

Leave the Door Open – SIlk Sonic

I was a fan of Bruno Mars’s music before his collaboration with Anderson Paak as Silk Sonic, but I love their music together just as much. Feel good songs that are groovy and so catchy.

Harvey – Her’s

Shut Up & Groove – HEIZE, DEAN 

Any Other Way – Eric Nam

Dreaming of You – Selena

Starlight – TAEIL

From a recently released kdrama, Twenty One Twenty Five, this song has been stuck in my head ever since I watched the show. 

Vapor Rub – thuy 

Falling – HAIM

Let Go – Frou Frou

ASAP – STAYC

STEREOTYPE – STAYC

STAYC has been one of my favorite 4th generation kpop girl groups. All of their songs are so good and they’ve gone viral plenty of times for how catchy they are and the visuals in their music videos, so definitely check out the music videos on YouTube. 

Wildest Dreams – Taylor Swift

RUN2U – STAYC

MOONLIGHT – TWICE

DO or NOT – PENTAGON

So here is a short playlist of all my favorite songs recently. I hope that you all reading this may discover we have similar music taste, or you discover something that you haven’t heard that you like! Wishing for these songs to give you good vibes just as they have done for me!

Jade Zuniga

UC Riverside '24

I am a fourth-year Psychology major with an Organizational Behavior minor and Media and Cultural Studies minor, looking to improve my writing skills. I love listening to music, watching movies, eating and trying different foods, and playing with my cats.