This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

I was not ready for the 2020 election. There was bound to be issues and disturbances no matter who won. Yet somehow, Twitter managed to make it not as bad because of all the memes they made.

Bernie with a Steel Chair

I thought this was funny because of how Bernie Sanders was the one carrying the steel chair with Donald Trump in the background. It reminds me of the time that Donald Trump punched someone during a WWE fight.

Ticket Eater

This reminded me of when I went to Chuck E. Cheese when I was little and how fast the machine would take my tickets. I thought it was funny to compare that machine to the people counting the ballots since they are not the same.

When Biden’s Dementia Kicks…

This made me laugh since people always make jokes about Joe Biden’s age, and a lot of people want stimulus checks during this pandemic.

This the MF That’s In…

This movie was hilarious because of how slow the sloth was, and comparing Nevada to this makes sense since they took so long to provide the results of the election.

Summary of how it felt waking up to GA and PA flipped

In honesty, the only reason I felt this was a great meme was because it showed the relief I felt once Georgia and Pennsylvania turned blue. Without that happening, there was a huge chance Trump would have won. 

I’ve been waiting four years to use this…

This was by far my favorite meme of the election because it was from my favorite childhood show. I remember watching that scene as a child, but not knowing who Trump was back then. Seeing it as an adult, I thought it was great that I could use someone from my childhood to laugh at and joke about what’s happening in the world today.

This was probably the best part of the election because rather than making it seem terrible and crazy, it allowed us all to have a laugh.

Ashleen Herrarte

UC Riverside '22

Ashleen was a UCR Political Science and Philosophy major. She graduated from UCR back in Spring 2022. When she was not writing articles for HCUCR, she was usually spending time with friends by going out to eat yummy foods or watching shows at home. She hopes you enjoyed reading her articles!
Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.