This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

During the holiday season, I was able to get a lot of the skincare products that I had been wanting to try for a long time. Even though I love every single one of the products, I am going to rate them based on what Sephora explains it is supposed to do as well as for how it is applied.

Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 

The purpose of this mask is to hydrate, smooth, and visibly renew skin. I don’t necessarily believe that my skin is glowing after I have taken off the mask, but I would agree that it hydrates and leaves my skin much smoother. Putting it on doesn’t take much time, but it is a little difficult to spread the mask around the face since the texture is similar to that of honey.

Rating: 8/10

Origins: Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay Mini  

This mask is a two-in-one purifying mask that helps draw out impurity and exfoliates the skin. In reality, I enjoyed how this face mask was easily applied either with a silicone face mask brush or just your fingers. It did a pretty good job of exfoliating my skin and leaving it much softer.

Rating: 10/10

Sephora Collection: Enchanted Jungle Set – Cucumber Eye Mask

This set included eight masks and the one I’m focusing on is the cucumber eye mask. It came in a small packet and was a little difficult to put on due to the protective film it had. They had the smell of cucumber (which was a little too strong) and had a cooling effect when placed on the skin. In the end, it did all that it was supposed to, which is, smooth the skin, remove fatigue signs, and leave the area regenerated.

Rating: 6/10

Glow Recipe: Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 

This is an ultra, fine hydrating mist that is used to refresh the skin and enhance one’s makeup. I honestly really enjoyed using this after applying my makeup because it was very lightweight and didn’t have a strong smell of watermelon. It also made my highlight a little more obvious which looked really cute.

Rating: 10/10

Volition Beauty: Strawberry-C Brightening Serum

This is for noticeable radiance, hydration, and even-toned skin. From the number of times that I have worn it since I got it, I can admit that it does everything it is supposed to do. It was probably my favorite product that I have gotten in a while. It was easily applied to the skin and didn’t feel sticky or gross.

Rating: 10/10

These were probably my favorite products out of what I got during the holiday season, and I would definitely recommend them for others to use since I had just a positive experience.

Ashleen Herrarte

UC Riverside '22

Ashleen was a UCR Political Science and Philosophy major. She graduated from UCR back in Spring 2022. When she was not writing articles for HCUCR, she was usually spending time with friends by going out to eat yummy foods or watching shows at home. She hopes you enjoyed reading her articles!
Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.