This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

We all have a list of movies that we find ourselves constantly rewatching, movies that, no matter how many times you’ve seen them in the past, you watch again to fill the silence when there is nothing to watch. Here is my list of movies that I always watch. 

Pitch Perfect 

This movie came out when I was in middle school, and I still watch and remember many of the lines to this day. It’s one of those college experience movies you gravitate towards, with some comedy and great music. I am sure that anyone that watched this movie thought that they could sing and join an acapella group because I sure did.

The Twilight Series

It seems to be a millennial and Gen Z phenomenon, but our obsession with this series is genuine. Lines like “Bella, where the hell have you been loca?” to “Battle scars” to “You nicknamed my daughter after the Lochness monster?” These movies, while noticeably cringe, are still some of my favorite movies to watch, and I always watch one of the movies on a rainy day, as that is the most appropriate weather for these movies.

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire 

I love the entire Harry Potter series, it is one of my favorite books and films of all time, but I often find myself only rewatching Goblet of Fire. The tournament, the other schools, and the iconic Yule Ball where we all became obsessed with Hermoine’s dress. Unfortunately, this movie contains a sad death (RIP Cedric Diggory), but the rest of the movies have too many deaths for me to handle. 

Pride and Prejudice 

A true classic to watch, all versions are acceptable, but the most iconic for me is the 2005 version with Keira Knightley. She is an iconic Elizabeth Bennett, and the chemistry between her and Matthew MacFadyen was too good. 

Hunger Games

Another book series that I grew up on. Hunger Games is too iconic, with the right amount of rebellion, romance, and angst. Jennifer Lawrence was killed as Katniss, and the chemistry between her and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) was exactly what I pictured when I first read the books.

Lemonade Mouth 

A Disney classic. One of my absolute favorite movies that Disney has produced. The songs in this movie were so good, and the nostalgia of this movie and watching it when I was younger always makes me feel happy. 

Enchanted

Another fantastic Disney movie with great music. I loved the mixture of animation and live-action. Such a great movie and I highly recommend it. It has a nice twist on classic princess movies and character development. 

Jade Zuniga

UC Riverside '24

I am a fourth-year Psychology major with an Organizational Behavior minor and Media and Cultural Studies minor, looking to improve my writing skills. I love listening to music, watching movies, eating and trying different foods, and playing with my cats.