Johanna Ortez: A Fellow Foodie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Name: Johanna Ortez

Major: Sociology

Year: 3rd

Fun Fact: I hate peanut butter

Relationship Status: Single

How would you describe yourself?

I love to eat out and try new types of food, so I am always down for a food run. I love dressing up and feeling girly. I also like staying home laying on the couch watching movies and eating popcorn with a few girlfriends.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I would go to Paris. I love learning about new cultures and languages so I would love to try new French food and listen to French music, visit shopping centers and it would be amazing to see the Eiffel tower.

What is your favorite movie?

My favorite movie is Mean Girls. I love Lindsey Lohan’s character and there are so many great lines. It keeps me laughing the whole time.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Mmm it’s a toss-up between Charlie Hunnam because I love him in Sons of Anarchy,  or Michael B Jordan just because he’s cute! And why not?

Favorite quote to live by?

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” –Robert Frost

Describe your ideal date.

Dinner at a nice restaurant with a gentleman who would open my door and pull my chair when I sit down. I would be all dressed up to the nines sitting near the beach watching the sun set and hear the waves reach the shore.

What do you plan to do after graduating from college?

I plan to go to grad school, travel the world. I always wanted to visit China, Japan, Jamaica, and Europe so I would probably try to go and travel there. I also would like to teach English after college in a foreign country preferably in Europe. 

Mia Garcia

UC Riverside

UC Riverside

UC Riverside