This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Going into quarantine was probably not an ideal idea for everyone, but it is something that we must do in order to stop the coronavirus. Sadly for me, I will be spending my spring break quarantined while some of my friends are still dealing with school and their online classes. It’s been about four days of quarantine and I have nothing to do. So I have come up with a few things to keep me occupied for the next two weeks.

1. Netflix/Hulu/Disney+ 

Honestly, anything that has to do with online movie/show streaming could be mine or anyone’s best friend during this time. You could either catch up on shows, start new ones, or rewatch childhood favorites.

woman eating popcorn
Photo by JESHOOTS.com from Pexels

2. Workout 

At-home workouts are my preferable choice, and if there’s nothing else to do I would like to be fit and healthy. I cannot go to the gym during these times so having a few workout routines to do is a great choice.

two women working out
Photo by bruce mars from Pexels

3. Read a Book 

Most of the time I feel like I do not have enough time to just read a book out of leisure, but since I do not have school and I’m only inside, reading a book works out perfectly.

Unsplash

4. Nap

I don’t mean nap all day, but catching up on sleep right now would be ideal.

5. Self-care

Do your nails at home or use face masks. Even though you’re quarantined, having a few moments to just relax and enjoy yourself is not a bad idea.

Everyone might have a different idea of how to be occupied, but these would be my suggestions or something that I believe people might enjoy. So good luck during these times and stay healthy and safe!

Ashleen Herrarte

UC Riverside '22

Ashleen was a UCR Political Science and Philosophy major. She graduated from UCR back in Spring 2022. When she was not writing articles for HCUCR, she was usually spending time with friends by going out to eat yummy foods or watching shows at home. She hopes you enjoyed reading her articles!