This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Feeling bloated, heavy, or frustrated with the extra stubborn fat on your tummy? We’ve all been there. It’s the type of frustration where you don’t want to wear certain crop tops or dresses because of that stubborn fat. Not everyone feels safe enough to go to a gym, so what can you do about it? Let’s start with being at home. Being at home is a possible way to lose fat. There are many ways of losing fat without the gym. Here are some ways where you can lose fat in time for the summer! 

Girl hiking
Photo by Holly Mandarich from Unsplash

Hiking

Hiking is great for losing fat because you are burning calories. It allows you to keep your heart rate pumping as well as sweating the bad toxins out of your body. Not only are you feeling drained by the time you reach the top, but you also get a pretty view.

Jogging 

Who needs a treadmill when you can just jog around your neighborhood? You get fresh air, explore what’s around you, and lose the fat. It is also free which makes it accessible to everyone. You can also bring your dogs as well which always helps me jog longer. 

Jump rope 

Jump rope is another form of cardio in which it allows you to burn lots of calories and keep your heart rate up. It is fun and time passes by when you are focused on jumping. 

two women working out
Photo by bruce mars from Pexels

Ab Workouts

I enjoy doing ab workouts at home because I don’t need any gym equipment. I just get to be in my room and be able to shed some fat from my stomach by doing ab circuits. It is all over the internet which is great because that means you are getting it for free. Who doesn’t love free things? 

Incorporating these exercises into your weekly routine will allow you to become leaner and toned overall. It is not only beneficial for shedding fat, but it is beneficial for being heart-healthy as well. You don’t need a gym to lose fat which means there are no excuses as to why you can’t start. Your body does so much for you and it deserves to be treated kindly. Being healthy is embracing self care!

Jenita Raksanoh

UC Riverside '21

Jenita is a Media and Cultural Studies major at the University of California, Riverside. She enjoys meal prepping, working out, having photoshoots and discovering trendy food spots. Her goal is to motivate women to become healthier and become the best version of themselves. Being a young woman in college has taught her not only academically but mentally as well, which is why she is driven to help others through Her Campus.
Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.