Harry Styles: Never a Dull Moment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

If there is one man that has yet to disappoint us, it’s Harry Styles. The Grammy-award winning artist has held a special place in our hearts since the year 2010. As he went from boy band pop star to a solo artist, Harry has yet to let us down when it comes to music and his looks. Here’s some snapshots of all our favorite Harry eras:

fetus harry

The moment the boy stole all our hearts. As the pop star began his journey in a boy band, Harry Styles and the rest of One Direction quickly became the world’s “it” boys. This was only the beginning for Mr. Styles.

take me home harry

Take me home Harry. As his stardom intensified, so did his unruly curls. One direction began their first tour, Take Me Home, leaving all their fans wanting more. Harry quickly became a fan favorite as his voice and looks became stronger.

Frat Boy Harry

After reaching the age of 18, Harry had finally outgrown his sweet and innocent image and decided to go for something more edgier. With the start of his tattoo journey, growing out of his hair, snapbacks, and flannels, Harry Styles had perfectly embodied the “frat boy” look and had quickly become a personal fave of the fanbase.  

Bandana Harry

The bandana was not holding together his hair but also our hearts. As his hair grew longer, the iconic bandana look came to stage. The colorful bandanas gave us an inside look into Harry’s colorful and playful personality. 

prince hair harry

Our Disney prince come to life. Growing out his luscious locks, Prince Hair Harry perfected that length between short and long hair, proving that this man can make anything look good, even that awkward hair length. The journey to Long-hair Harry was truly a beautiful one. 

Long Hair Harry

As the hair got longer, the man became more loved. Soon the innocent boy band member now resembled a solo indie musician. This era of Harry was filled with the long, messy hair look, lots of chelsea boots, and wide-brimmed hats. This also seemed to be the start of the fashion icon’s journey to breaking stereotypes revolving around men’s fashion. 

Dunkirk harry

Our favorite military man! With the premier of his first movie Dunkirk (2018), not only did Harry showcase his acting abilities but also his newly chopped hair. The big hair chop shocked many but did not dull his shine. After the infamous “hiatus,” the new hairstyle appeared to be the start of a new beginning. 

Live on tour harry

Solo Harry took on the big stage. Marking a new beginning, Harry went on tour for his first solo album, HS1. The true Harry was shown through this tour as he presented himself in clothes that were more expressive and more of what he seemed to love. 

mustache harry

Quarantine brought out something new for all of us, in Harry’s case, it was a mustache. A new look that many did not see coming. This mustache definitely gave us a sneak peak of the DILF Harry we all will be anticipating. ;)

fine line harry

We’ll definitely be alright after living through the fine line era (pun intended). Kickstarting the shows with colorful and sparkly outfits, Harry inspired his fans to dress to the nines. Not only that, Harry was simultaneously breaking societal norms by dressing “feminine,” showing his fans all over the world that you shouldn’t be afraid of expressing yourself. Harry’s immaculate sense of style stems from the fact he dresses the way he wants to; broken free from the shackles of stereotypes.  

special shoutout: Coachella harry

Life was not the same as it was after Harry’s first Coachella performance. After a show stopping performance and jaw dropping outfit, Harry has left his fanbase excited for the new album, Harry’s House, and all the new outfits that are to come.

Now that you are up to date with all different eras of Harry Styles, you can now sit around and wait with the rest of us for what is to come next! And while you’re at it, don’t forget to stream Harry’s House on May 20th. :)

Jasmine Padda

UC Riverside '24

just your average pre-med student that occasionally writes :,)