This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

While Thanksgiving has just passed and Christmas is around the corner, it is suggested that the holiday season can bring just more than family time and gifts. It can also bring weight gain. It’s normal to enjoy your time with loved ones and eat away, however, I’ve had my fair share with gaining a couple of pounds during the season. If you are someone who is going through the same situation, don’t worry, I got you. Although I am not a nutritionist, these are the things that have worked for me and helped keep my body toned.

Beauty

Ulta Beauty has some really cute gift ideas currently on sale. If your friend loves the full glam make-up definitely check out the Ulta 12 Days of Beauty gift set which comes with 12 make-up items for only $12. It comes with lip glosses, bronzers, highlighters, and the packaging is adorable. A lot of make-up palettes are also priced down which you can pair with a small brush set. If your friend is minimalistic and doesn’t typically use full glam make-up check out a skincare gift like the Freeman face mask set for only $12.99 or even a lip balm set. Ulta Beauty has a wide range of affordable gifts your gal pals will love!

Accessories

Accessories can mean anything from handbags, jewelry, or even sunglasses. Have you ever checked out the handbag section at Target? They have inexpensive fashionable handbags that you can buy from $20 to $30. Target also has a jewelry section, but Etsy also has small business owners creating beautiful affordable jewelry as well. They have an assorted number of necklaces, rings, and earrings, ranging from $10 to $25. I was actually gifted such a pretty birthstone ring from Etsy, and I loved it, which is why I suggest gifting jewelry from there to everyone.

Food

Everyone loves food and gifting food can become a creative gift. I have gifted food to my gal pals in the past and used Pinterest as inspiration. Target has a lot of holiday-themed snacks that I usually gather and DIY a little “food basket.” I usually buy a small holiday-themed basket and fill the bottom with some type of confetti paper. Then I just organize a bunch of food items like cookies, candy, and holiday cakes until it is complete making a holiday food basket. I don’t think this gift can disappoint anyone, and you can even throw in a gift card as well. 

These are three different gift ideas hopefully your friends will enjoy this holiday season. When buying gifts this holiday season remember to utilize the no-contact options like drive-thru pick up or online shop. Mask up and social distance when delivering your gifts to your gal pals. 

Alyssa Monroy

UC Riverside '24

A cellular, molecular, and developmental biology major and public policy minor that loves science, beauty, and writing.