The Lalacar Side Mirror
The Lalacar Side Mirror
Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

I tend to be very clueless at times, but definitely not when it comes to my favorite celebrities, or so I thought. I work at a Chick-fil-A that is located near where a lot of celebrities live so many times we end up seeing them when they come through the drive-thru.

https://unsplash.com/photos/mFPlHlDLtUA

It was an early Saturday morning and I was working the drive-thru window. My manager was taking orders and bagging andI was talking with customers and doing my usual thing in the morning. I saw that my coworker needed a little help, and so I helped her with making drinks. That was when a black sports car pulled up to the window. I greeted them and asked for their payment. I quickly gave the man his drink and let him know that his food would be out in about 1-2 minutes. He was being sweet and asking for things politely. I handed him his bag of food and he left with his friend. 

Harry Styles Wave
Giphy
I did not think of any of it and just continued on with my day.

I went back to making drinks as another car pulled up to the window. I began reading back the order and once I was done the guy handed me the money and then quickly asked “wasn’t that Offset in the other car?” I was not sure what he was saying at the time since he caught me so off-guard, he had to remind me Offset was part of The Migos .

“I don’t know,” I quickly replied and started freaking out over the fact that I might have met Offset and had not realized. I became a little jittery and began overthinking my past interaction with the other guest.  I gave him back his change and his beverage while I waited for his food to be finished bagging. Once I had it, I added the sauces and then quickly gave it to him. The moment he drove away, I turned around to see my manager looking at me shocked and she goes “you know that was Quavo? Like from The Migos.” 

Joey Friends Thinking
Giphy

At that moment I really did not know what to do. I had just been trolled by Quavo on the fact that I did not realize who Offset was. The worst part is that I knew Quavo looked familiar, but he ended up throwing me off when he mentioned Offset. So Quavo and Offset, if you guys ever see this, please say “hi” next time you see me at Chick-fil-A!

Ashleen Herrarte

UC Riverside '22

Ashleen was a UCR Political Science and Philosophy major. She graduated from UCR back in Spring 2022. When she was not writing articles for HCUCR, she was usually spending time with friends by going out to eat yummy foods or watching shows at home. She hopes you enjoyed reading her articles!
Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.