This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

A few weeks ago we put the BAND app to test when we planned our social event to welcome all our new Her Campus UC Riverside writers and staff. What started out as a game night quickly turned into a crafting night… as many HCUCR events do! We love to craft and create, and we’re always creating new flyers to put up around campus, so we’ve been in the DIY mood as of late.

We planned this event entirely using the BAND app and it was beyond helpful—everything involving the event was all in one place, in the palm of our hands. With BAND, we were able to schedule an event time using the in-app poll. We were also able to make joint decisions, such as what drinks to bring, through the group chat.

Since it was so easy to give each other directions and instructions in one place (the app even has a map that’ll give you personalized directions!), everything went much smoother than anticipated! Though a few of our members couldn’t make it out, we were able to include them by snapping pictures of the event and sharing them with the entire group in real time.

The BAND app allowed us to create a social network specifically for our HCUCR girls, so we can all privately share pictures, polls, posts, events and much more with each other in a fun social media network just for us.

Needless to say, the event was so much fun and we enjoyed exploring all of BAND’s cool and convenient tools. It made planning a lot less stressful for us and a lot more fun for everyone else. We’ll definitely be using the app again to plan our upcoming events—and not to mention, it’ll be great for finals week too, when we’re coordinating study group times, sharing files and more!

just a preamble
Erica Barrett

U Mass Amherst

Erica is an Account Supervisor at Her Campus.  Previously, Erica worked as an Account Manager at UCG Marketing where she was directly responsible for the execution of national tours and experiential programs for clients including Seventeen, Johnson & Johnson, Home Depot and Nivea.  Prior to UCG, Erica spent three years as an Agent Trainee at WME Entertainment (formerly the William Morris Agency) in Nashville where she secured and executed tour sponsorships and celebrity endorsements for a prominent client roster including Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Britney Spears.She graduated in 2005 from the University of Massachusetts with a BA in Entertainment Business.  Erica loves travel (she’s been around the world in 100 days), weenie dogs, mud runs, dodgeball, country music (she’s been on tour), extra dirty martinis, designing note cards and watching Pretty Little Liars.