Life > Experiences

Get to Know the 2023 Spring Splash Lineup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

UCR’s Associated Students Programming Board–ASPB– has revealed the highly anticipated lineup for the biggest event of the year! Spring Splash is a grand-scale music event that hosts thousands of undergraduate students each year. Aside from performances on the big stage, Spring Splash also brings in various food trucks and other attractions such as a photobooth, a ferris wheel, and a mechanical shark, as well as promo items for those who arrive early. This year’s event will take place on May 13, 2023 at HUB Lawn, and features a lineup that has already garnered the praise of many students.

Wallows are headline the day, bringing an indie/alternative rock/pop vibe. The band is based in Los Angeles and consists of members Dylan Minnette, Braeden Lemaster, and Cole Preston. They first released music independently back in 2017, and most recently dropped their second album last year, which was produced by Grammy Award-winning producer Ariel Rechtshaid (Vampire Weekend, Haim, Adele) and a single titled, “WISH ME LUCK” this past December. They collaborated with Clairo on their hit song, “Are You Bored Yet?,” which has surpassed 820 million global streams. Other popular songs “Remember When,” “Pleaser,” and “These Days”.

070 Shake is a rapper and originally from New Jersey and is known for her lyricism and catchy beats. Aside from her solo career, she is also a member of the group, 070. Throughout her career she has gained a reputation for her deeply emotional songs and deep personal connections. Her most popular song, “Escapism” gained attention across streaming platforms, as well as on TikTok, where it was used behind thousands of videos. Her latest releases is a single in collaboration with Christine and the Queens titled, “True love,” as well as her sophomore album, You Can’t Kill Me.

Queens, New York-native Pi’erre Bourne is a rapper and record producer best known for producing Playboi Carti’s “Magnolia,” as well as collaborating with many other giants in the music industry. In 2021, he hit number 35 on the Billboard 200 with The Life of Pi’erre 5. Most recently, Bourne released a single titled, “Sicario” in April 2023. 

Wooli is a DJ and brings the EDM flavor to this year’s Spring Splash. With popular tracks such as “You Were Right,” “Name Drop,” “Reasons,” and “Titans”, Wooli combines various techniques and genres, transcending musical boundaries. 

Finally, DJ Miss Ninja will be hosting the event. She spins everything from 80’s hits to today’s top songs. She has spun for celebrities such as Beyonce, Jay-Z, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Gwen Stefani, Kobe Bryant, Ellen Degeneres, Gary Vee, LL Cool J, Mario Andretti & Hugh Hefner, as well as many popular radio stations. 

For more about the artists performing and the attractions, as well as for FAQ’s and how to register and attend Spring Splash 2023, check out ASPB’s Spring Splash Website.

Kiana Sardari

UC Riverside '24

Third year Media and Cultural Studies and Global Studies double major. Probably at a concert right now.