February Photo A Day Challenge: Week Two Wrap Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

I can’t believe we’re already halfway through February! This month always seems like it flies by even though it’s only short by two days. Maybe it’s the bundle of holidays that fall on this month, preparing us for March when nothing seems to really happen. Today marks two weeks into our February photo a day challenge, and as I type we have had over 900 photo entries. We’re just 15 away from one thousand!!

When I dreamed up this photo challenge I thought it would be just me and a few of my friends participating, which is why I spend my day constantly liking all of your photos because I’m so grateful there are other people out there that would be willing to take part in something so random yet fun.

Very much like last week’s wrap up, we’ll be recapping what the participating Her Campus Blogger Network members have been up to these past few days. To get to know them a bit better, I am linking directly to some of the content they published this week, as well as sharing their photo entries of course.

Once you get to the bottom you’ll find our favorites for the week, and for a chance to be featured next week and a better shot of winning the prize, keep posting daily with the hashtag #HCUCRVDAY!

Follow Rubi (that’s me!) on Instagram to see what I comes up with for the daily challenge!!

When Life Gives You Rubi

Besides posting daily (and some days more than once) on my Instagram account, this week on my blog I wrote about my second favorite holiday, Valentine’s Day! From Facebook posts everyone hates to read on Valentine’s Day to films to watch that will make you happy you’re single. My weekly link roundup that I publish every Friday featured links on comedians giving relationship advice, a love story between a fluffly chicken and chihuahua (highly recommend this one) and a little something for any fans of Orange is the New Black.

Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin // Google+

Follow Areeba on Instagram to keep up with her daily posts…

I Have A Messy Bun

This past week on Areeba’s blog, she wrote a post from the point of view of her tablet! Like everyone else she’s been sucked into the game of Flappy Bird yet still had time to hold her weekly Grab A Friend Link Up and plan Blogantine’s Day with her twin sister Noor. She was sweet enough to mention me in her Blogantine’s Day post and explain to her readers how and why her blog has grown to mean so much to her.

Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin

Check out Dylan on Instagram to keep up with her daily posts on the challenge!

Sartorial Spice

From what I’ve read on her blog, Dylan has been incredibly busy this week. Writing about being a professional intern, this girl has had a total of 5 internships and has yet to even graduate college! Later in the week she wrote on working at the Badgley Mischka Fall 2014 fashion show, with enough pictures to make you green with envy.

Last but not least, here are some of our favorite photo entries from the week. Make sure to switch your photos to public so we can repost them on our Instagram account and here next Saturday! And like always, don’t forget to hashtag #HCUCRVDAY!! 

Day 8: Favorite Movie/TV Couple

Day 9: Hot Dog Legs

Day 10: Man Crush Monday-Black History Month Edition

Day 11: Inanimate Object Spouse

Day 12: Favorite Sad Song

Day 13: Heart

Day 14: Valentine’s Day Plans

Rubi Mancilla

UC Riverside

Rubi Mancilla is a fourth year studying Psychology and Women's Studies at UC Riverside. She decided to double major because at the time it seemed like she was getting two degrees for the price of one, the ultimate sale! She writes about relationships, how to spend a Friday night at home, being a confused twenty-something and never having enough money in her bank account. Her column 'Midweek Study Break' is published every Wednesday but you can read more of her work in her new project, When Life Gives You Rubi. Until Disney decides to make a movie about how hard it is to be a recent (single) college graduate, we can try to figure out this whole being a grown up thing together.   
UC Riverside

UC Riverside