Easy Last-Minute DIY Valentine’s Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

As many of you know Valentine’s Day is this week. Many times I have to do a last-minute DIY (Do It Yourself) gift for my boyfriend since I am struggling with the amount of work that classes are giving me. This year I managed to not struggle as much but found the perfect gifts that could be created in a small amount of time and be given to their significant others/friends.

Breakable Hearts and chocolate-covered strawberries 

Although it may be a little difficult to get the breakable heart mold, it is not as difficult to make chocolate-covered strawberries. My family tends to always have chocolate somewhere in the pantries and we always eat strawberries so those two ingredients are super easy to get. This entire creation would take from about 30 minutes to an hour depending on fast one works and the chocolate melts. I’m planning on making about six boxes this year for my boyfriend and family and I hope they like them!

Scrapbook

This was something that I have previously gifted my boyfriend while working on a time-crunched and still having it come out looking amazing. I just had to find a scrapbook on Amazon at a low price which wasn’t too difficult and I had most of the other supplies at home. At the most, the entire thing took me about 2 hours which is a short amount of time for something that was very thoughtful.

Reasons why I Love You

This might be one that isn’t as easy just because one has to think of various different reasons why they love their partner which might be a little difficult to articulate. This though is a very thoughtful gift for a lover or even a family member since it shows them how they are loved.

Open When You’re ….. Letter

These letters would be like “open when you’re sad” and then inside there would be a message to cheer up your lover or friend. There are different varieties of this letter that can be created, and they can have small, simple messages that connect with the overall theme of it.

These are some of the gifts that I have found the easiest to make last-minute and how come out very nicely. Hopefully, they work for you, and happy Valentine’s Day!

Ashleen Herrarte

UC Riverside '22

Ashleen was a UCR Political Science and Philosophy major. She graduated from UCR back in Spring 2022. When she was not writing articles for HCUCR, she was usually spending time with friends by going out to eat yummy foods or watching shows at home. She hopes you enjoyed reading her articles!
Deedee Plata

UC Riverside '22

20 year old creative writing major with a love for skincare, representation, and art. When not laying down and watching cartoons, I can be found working on my novel or browsing through baby name forums.