Do More of What You Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

It is so easy to sit back and admire others success and amazing adventures. We tend to feel happy for them but secretly wish we could have done something just as cool. But why wish? It is time to get that fire lit and do something! Stop wishing that you could have done something like that person or traveled to that one place they did.

There are only so many tomorrows, so if not now then when? I believe most of us have a fear of failure so we rather go with a safe bet than to branch out and try what we truly desire to accomplish. Never compromise your happiness, your dreams, your passion, or your goals.

I would recommend starting now; each day do more of what makes you happy. Find the time to do it and you will eventually be where you always wanted to be by simply starting that first day. For example, if you wanted to be a writer, start writing everything that comes to mind and keep a journal handy always. Some of your thoughts might lead to more amazing thoughts and some might just be dead ends or just plain bad. But at least you’re writing every day all the time and one day it will add up to even be a story!

I want to leave you all with this quote to keep in mind: “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure” – Bill Cosby.

Elizabeth Duong

UC Riverside

Hello! I am Elizabeth, a senior Neuroscience major at UC Riverside. A few things I fancy: photography, fashion, and thrift stores. Find me on other social medias: http://postcardsfromliz.blogspot.com/ and on YouTube: user - postcardsfromliz. 
UC Riverside

UC Riverside