Deena Badawiya

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

This Campus Cutie’s name is Deena Badawiya. A native of Riverside, she is a fourth year English major with aspirations of making it out of Riverside and all over the world. When asked about her bright future Deena didn’t have too many specifics except for the fact that she knows she “just want[s] to help people.”

Awww what a cutie! Here are some more fun facts about this awesome gal!

Fun Fact: Loves comic books!

Relationship Status: Single

Hobbies: Photography, running

Favorite Food: Buffalo wings

Favorite Nail Polish Color: “Black! It makes my hands look skinnier!”

Style/ Favorite Outfit: Indie/Rocker; Graphic tee layered with another shirt, sweater, jeans, and Converses. “I like lots of layers and baggy clothing.”

Favorite Movie(s): 300, Gladiatior, Man of Steel. “I like action and war movies and movies about comics.”

Favorite Actor/Actress: Jake Gyllenhaal (adored him in Donnie Darko and Love and Other Drugs)/ Hayden Panettiere (watched her in Heroes)

Favorite Music Artist: Maroon 5 (who doesn’t love Adam Levine *swoon*)

Ideal First Date: Movie night at a drive thru theater; chilling in the trunk and munching on pizza while watching a fun flick! Then ice cream run after J

Who inspires you?: “My uncle; he’s humble, nice, and never spiteful. Every time I see him, he inspires me to be better. He never talks about himself and always asks how other people are.”

Why do you love UCR?: “I enjoy all the big concerts like Block Party and Heat.”

Three wishes?:  “I’d like to be able to travel the world whenever I want.” Deena is otherwise content with herself, which is always refreshing to hear!

GOOD LUCK to Deena in her 4th year here at UCR!

Dakota Tu

UC Riverside

Hello my name is Dakota and I am a media and cultural studies major at UC Riverside. I am originally from Alameda, CA, in the San Francisco Bay Area. I enjoy being a member of the Student Alumni Association and Habitat for Humanity. I love to play sports and be active, though my main passion is running. I am in fact a foodie! In my spare time you can find me cooking/baking and working out, contradictory I know, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
UC Riverside

UC Riverside