Cynthia Ngo, Modern Day Cinderella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Cynthia Ngo may work hard at studying cells in biology and helping customers at Covina Donuts, but she definitely doesn’t need to put in effort in being adorable. She enjoys gaming in her down time, but she also makes it a priority to stay active by playing tennis or going to the Rec Center.  Read on to learn more about this outgoing and well-rounded cutie.

Basics

Year: 3rd year

Major: Biology

Hometown: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Relationship status: Taken

Favorite TV Show: Vampire Diaries

Favorite musical artist: Childish Gambino

Hobbies: Photography, tennis, League of Legends

Who do you look up to the most?

My parents are the people I look up to the most. They’re kind, loving, and courteous to everyone around them. One of the things that I admire most about them is that they never give up when things get tough. No matter what kind of adversity comes their way, they always have a smile on their faces and continue to work hard to overcome them.

What’s on the top of your bucket list?

I don’t want to do anything extreme. I’d like to go up to the mountains and see snow since I’ve never seen it before.

Describe your style.

I’m a mix of styles. At times I’m really girly with skirts and dresses, and other times, I’m a thug with a beanie.

Which animal do you resemble the most?

I personally don’t think I resemble any animal, but all my friends think that I look like Sagwa, the Siamese cat.

What do you like about gaming?

It takes you away from reality in a way, and I get to interact with all kinds of people. It reconnected me with old friends. It’s how I started talking to my boyfriend after not talking for two years.

What food could you eat for the rest of your life?

Everything. I love food. The way to the heart is through the stomach.

What’s your favorite donut at Covina Donuts?

The honey wheat because it’s sweet and sort of crispy on the outside but moist in the inside.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Hopefully, I will be a pharmacist and married with children.

Who is your favorite Disney princess and why?

Cinderella because she started off at a rocky place and worked really hard. But in the end, everything worked out okay for her. I think that’s what everyone wants—to achieve a happy ending.

I'm a fourth year, creative writing major who enjoys thrifting, idolizing David Bowie, and consuming inane amounts of hazelnut coffee.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside