This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Do you need a quick and easy dinner to make? Here are some recipes to try that taste delicious on a relaxing night in!

1.Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes is not only a dish for the holidays, but a dish that can be eaten at any time of the year. The fun thing that you can do with mashed potatoes is add different seasonings on top of it or add some cheese for a simple burst of flavor. For a more quick and easy dinner, add some salt and pepper. If you want a burst of flavor add cayenne pepper, thyme, or rosemary to your dish. After adding your choice of spice, enjoy your delicious mashed potatoes.

2. Mac n’Cheese
Everyone’s favorite quick and easy dish is Mac and cheese. One of the most interesting things about this dish is that it can be made in many different ways. This includes making it on the stove top, microwave, or oven. To have an extra crispy taste, try making Mac and cheese from scratch and put it in the oven. Take a box of macaroni and set to boil. Once done, add in the cheese and mix until combined. After, place the macaroni in a pan and add extra cheese on top to your liking. Stick in the oven for about twenty five minutes and enjoy!

3. Pizza
Instead of ordering a pizza, try making a pizza from scratch. All you need is some dough, tomato sauce, cheese, and any topping to your liking. The fun part is molding the dough into any shape that you want. Drizzle on some cheese and add your favorite toppings and stick it in the oven. Once it is done, indulge yourself in your own homemade pizza that you created!

4. Roasted Vegetables
A more healthier option is to add some vegetables to your dish. Some squash, carrots, broccoli, amongst other vegetables that you may like. To prep, take some onions, salt, and pepper, and any spice you may like. Place your cut veggies onto a pan to put in the oven. Drizzle oil and add your desired spice to the dish. Place in the oven and once it is done, add toppings as needed and enjoy your veggie dish!

5. Sandwich
For a more quick and easy dinner, a sandwich will always work. An option is the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If you want to try something different, a turkey sandwich is another quick and easy option. Take some sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheese, avocado, and anything other ingredients you may want to add. This classic sandwich is always a go-to for a quick dinner that is a burst of flavor.

These simple and easy recipes show that cooking is just as fun as baking. Enjoy cooking these meals with your friends and family. Do not forget to add dessert to your meal!

Joy Marina

UC Riverside '24

Hello! My name is Joy and my hobbies include reading, writing, baking, fashion, and beauty/skincare.