This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

He isn’t a world famous musician or some high paid celebrity. He is just Chris Elyas. You may recognize him riding his Penny board around the campus saying “Hi” to anything and anyone. Also you may remember him hosting the HerCampus talent show. What a riot he was! Chris is just a 1st year undergraduate student and excited to see how the rest of four years at Riverside play out.  

Major/Minor: Biology

Hometown: Santa Clarita, CA

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cookie Dough

Favorite Movie: “Green Fried Tomatoes”

When you’re not studying, what do you like to do?

-I love hanging out with my friends and my hall mates! I also love meeting new people and gaining new experiences.

Are you involved with anything on campus? Off campus?

-Currently, I serve as the Chair of Publicities and Finance for Pentland Hills RHA. Also, I am a member of AMSA (American medical student association). Off campus, I serve as an Altar boy at my church.

What do you hope to achieve being a part of RHA?

-I hope to expand my leadership skills and teamwork skills. I want to use the opportunity to earn a higher position such as a RA or PC.

What is your favorite thing about UC Riverside?

-I would have to say that I love the diversity and all of the different kinds of people I meet. It is fun learning about new cultures and religions. Also, I like how diverse Riverside is so people aren’t left out.

What are your plans after you graduate UCR?

-I want to go to medical school and study to be a cardiologist.

Is there anyone in your life who you consider your hero?

-My father is my hero. He came to this country with nothing. My father put himself through college in Ohio and eventually moved to California and started a business. He was then able to bring the rest of his family to America and give them better lives.

Anything else you want people to know about you?

-I like to perform and just be involved with the arts.

Quote or saying you live by:

“Everything happens for a reason.”– An American proverb

Unnati Gandhi

UC Riverside

I am a first-year Biology major at the University of California, Riverside.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside