Check It Out: DIPLOID LOVE

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

There are only few situations in life that make me hyperaware of myself in a totally, overwhelmingly, fantastic way. Concerts (and music in general) usually do it for me, it almost feels as if I’m moving too slowly for the universe and in turn my senses heighten. Every vibration and movement seems to ripple through me and tear out in adrenaline and every noise seems to echo loudly, thrashing against my skull. Everyone likes music! Doesn’t matter who you are or what your interests are, chances are that you’re into some kind of music. And I’m just here to share something that I thought was rad as f*ck. Diploid Love is totally universal and versatile and Brody Dalle is a total babe. She managed to create an album that could appeal to anyone and still rock my f*cking socks off and that’s not something that I can usually say. Being a Distillers (Brody’s previous band) fan, I was expecting to hear something similar, but it seems that I had forgotten how absolutely talented Ms. Undeniably Beautiful Brody Motherf*ckin’ Dalle is (she can do anything and make it sound like the universe gracing you with a gift).

Although the whole album was cooler than cool, I’ve got to say that after listening to it like a billion and five times my favorite song has got to be “Underworld”; it makes me want to get up and do anything that will make my heart race, I love thrashing around to it. A very close second is “Don’t Mess With Me” and I’m pretty sure it speaks for itself.

The album has everything from a little Spanish guitar to hypnotic vocals, empowering lyrics and the raddest song names you can hope for (“Rat Race” and “Blood in Gutters” are some of the fanciest names I’ve ever come across). Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

just a preamble
UC Riverside

UC Riverside