Campus Cutie V-Day Edition: Claudine Talamayan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is the adorable Claudine Talamayan, a petite and sweet young woman who was kind enough to answer some Valentines-Day-inspired questions for us. 

Look at that smile!

Describe yourself in three words: Loving, persevering, and loyal

Hobbies: Painting and biking

Relationship status: Taken

Year and Major: 2nd year, Sociology

Your Valentines Experience

What is your ideal Valentines Day? My ideal Valentines Day would just be spending quality time with my loved one, maybe going out for dinner or staying in and making a home cooked meal together, and taking a walk along the shore at night. 

What is the best gift or date you’ve received on Valentines Day? The best gifts I’ve received on Valentines Day were roses and chocolate. It’s a typical gift that people give each other but it was still very sweet and personal.

What is the worst? I don’t think I’ve ever received a bad gift on Valentines Day!

What’s your advice for the single ladies on Single Awareness Day? Don’t spend this day being sad about not having a significant other! Valentines Day is not only for couples and romance, but also for people and their loved ones in general! So go out and have fun with your friends and celebrate the special relationships you have. 

Your Valentine Faves

Favorite romantic comedy: 10 Things I Hate About You & Hitch

Favorite flower: Roses and daisies

Favorite candy: Cotton candy

Favorite pick-up line: If I were a stop light, I’d turn red every time you passed by, just so I could stare at you a bit longer.

What celebrity is your personal heartthrob? Right now it’s Zac Efron and Ian Somerhalder. 

Who is your girl-crush? Hmm, I don’t really have one. 

Your Philosophy on Love:

Is it better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all? As heartbreaking as it is to have loved and lost, I think it’s better to go through that experience than to never have loved at all. Even though things don’t turn out the way we want them to, there’s usually a reason for it. How the journey ends doesn’t make the journey any less than what it was.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Personally, I think love is something that develops over time, so I don’t really believe in love at first sight. 

What is the best advice on love that you could give to your fellow collegiates? Whatever you heard about love and whatever expectations you’ve formed, forget about it. Love is truly a unique experience for everyone, and I think that’s honestly one of the greatest things about it.

Brenna Dilger

UC Riverside

Brenna Dilger is not only a writer for HerCampus, but also a Staff Writer on UCR's newspaper, the Highlander. She has lived in Minnesota, Florida, and now Los Angeles. An adventurous spirit, she is most happy when traveling or sharing a new experience with someone she loves. 
UC Riverside

UC Riverside