Artist to Watch: Cosmic Suckerpunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Photo by Stefania Rosini  

If you’re looking for a break from contemporary music, take a trip back in time with Cosmic Suckerpunch.  This quartet describes their sound as “neo-psychedelic indie rock with a hard rock edge,” which has received much praise. The Daily Californian even describes them “the descendant of Pink Floyd, Radiohead and Led Zeppelin, which sounds like one hell of a lovechild… Kicking all sorts of ass across the musical cosmos.” With their roots firmly planted in Los Angeles, they have been hard at work since 2009 self-releasing their own music that is a mix of classic rock with a soulful rhythm. Their crooning vocals are sure to have listeners singing along to their latest EP “Breathe,” featuring the song “Glad You’re Here Now,” that you can listen to below.

Glad You’re Here Now – Cosmic Suckerpunch 

Their past events have included shows at The Viper Room, House of Blues, and even Riverside’s own Kim’s Sports Bar & Grille as well as festivals such as Bonaroo, and San Francisco’s Outside Lands. Spreading well beyond the LA county boundaries, they are ready to spread their music everywhere, bringing nostalgic sound into the new millennium. If you want to check out the band’s latest shows, see the dates below. Get tickets to this Thursday’s show (8/29) and don’t miss out on a stellar event!

AUG 29 – Los Angeles, CA: Bootleg Bar

AUG 30 – Santa Ana, CA: Constellation Room* supporting Everest

SEPT 6 – San Francisco, CA: Café du Nord+ supporting NO

OCT 10-12 – Los Angeles, CA: Culture Collide Festival

OCT 26-27 – Las Vegas, NV: Life is Beautiful Festival

Lia Gonzalez

UC Riverside

Lia Gonzalez is a Creative Writing major at UCR. She is an alumna of Alpha Chi Omega, in which she held various positions. She was one of the first to write music related articles and artist interviews for HC - UCR. Read more of her articles by searching: Lia Gonzalez, and Music Spotlight.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside