8 Things to Get You out of Your Valentine’s Day Funk!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

It’s that time of year again, yes ladies, unfortunately or fortunately for some it is once again Valentine’s Day! And whether you think V-day is just some corporate holiday or another day to remind you of how lonely you are there is no need to feel ashamed or pity for not having a Valentine or for wanting to celebrate. Instead of moping about being single or hating everyone who celebrates the holiday, I have complied an extensive list of everything you should be doing!

1. Go outside!

Catch a movie and dinner with some friends or by yourself. Put on some lipstick and go have fun! Just because you don’t have someone special doesn’t mean you can’t do anything special. (Below are some movies you can check out this Friday)

2. Girls-night!

If you don’t feel like getting all dolled or like making an effort, then don’t. Order some pizza (pizza is always okay), invite some friends over, and vent out all your frustrations. Have a drink or make an ice cream sundae. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as you’re having fun.

3. Go on a date.

Okay, okay I know this is weird but just hear me out. Just because you go on a date on Valentine’s Day does not mean it has to be some romantic love fest filled with expectations. Sometimes a date can be just a date, enjoy yourself and see where the night takes you.

4. Read a book.

Yep as simple as that. Pop open that sucker and get whisked away into a faraway land. Check out my article below for some book suggestions.

5. Binge-Watch!

Not only is it Valentine’s Day, but it will also be a three-day weekend so you will have plenty of time to catch up on those TV shows you’ve been missing or a new show you’ve been dying to watch.

6. Catch up on some much needed sleep.

Midterm season does not leave a lot of room for sleeping so take this time to catch up on some extra hours and afterwards treat yourself to some more sleep! The night is young so go wild!

(I realize the picture is of a couple, but it was too good to pass up. Look at how peaceful they are)

7. Craft it-up.

It’s finally time to put those Pinterest DIY pins to work. Personally, I am a horrible crafter, so this will be perfect time to work on my skills. All fellow bad crafters, this is a call to arms! Join me and let’s make a mess together!

8. Dance.

We tend forget to enjoy the little things that make us smile. Dancing in our underwear or belting out our favorite ballad can sometimes make us the happiest!

Whether it’s a night out with your significant other or a night in with your dog, don’t let social pressures get you down. So remember to treat Yo-self, and smile!

P.S. Don’t forget to tag #HCUCR and #HCUCRVDAY on Instagram this Friday and tell us how you’re spending your V-Day!

Daisy E Soto

UC Riverside

Born and raised in sunny California. Daisy would learn the ancient ways of the 'valley girl.' she would go on to graduate from an unknown high school in Fontana and move to Riverside to study with the highlanders. She is in a committed relationship with her English bulldog, Toby and her television. Daisy idolizes authors such as John Green, Jane Austen, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips and hopes she can be a speck as brilliant as they are in the future.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside