This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

HBO’s show Girls elicits an opinion from just about everyone and their mother. No matter what you think about the series and Lena Dunham’s boobs, you do have to admit that Shoshanna Shapiro is a gem! She’s my spirit animal for the following reasons:

1. She knows how to keep a conversation going. Instead of asking trivial questions like “what’s your major?”, “what do you plan on doing after college?”, she asks about things you might have never thought about. How about using that as a pick up line?

2. She’s a romantic! And she’s also not afraid to admit that she’s still a teeny bopper.

3. She is all about maintaining a healthy and positive lifestyle.  
  4. She’s got her life figured out.

5. She tells it like it is.

6. She may not be a great friend, but she sure knows how to one up you!

7. She’s got her priorities straight.

8. She has self respect!

You don’t want to date me, that’s fine. Because I don’t want to date you either because I only want to date people who want to date me because that is called self respect.” -Shoshanna

Do I need to say more??

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.