This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day by yourself, with your friends, or with a special person, there’s nothing like curling up after a long day and watching a movie. Here are a few essential movies to get you through this Hallmark Holiday.

The Notebook

(Courtesy of Imdb.com)

The Notebook is a Valentine’s Day classic, Noah and Allie’s relationship , if you love drama and romance then this is the movie for you.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

(Courtesy of Amazon.com)

If you like a little humour or you’ve gone through a recent break up, then Forgetting Sarah Marshall is the perfect Rom Com to watch this Valentine’s day. After Peter gets dumped by his girlfriend, he takes a solo trip to Hawaii, only to discover that his ex and her new boyfriend are also there.

A Cinderella Story

(Courtesy of Amazon.com)

A Cinderella Story is a modern day twist on the fairytale classic. When Sam loses her father to an earthquake she has to figure out how to navigate her new family life as well as her dating life.

Crazy Rich Asians

(Courtesy of Imdb.com)

Crazy Rich Asians, follows Rachael as she finds out that her seemingly average boyfriend is actually one of the wealthiest eligible bachelors in Singapore. This is the perfect movie to sit down and watch with all your friends.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s(Courtesy of Amazon.com)

Breakfast at Tiffany’s is a cult classic and a perfect old romance movie to watch alone or with your friends. Holly Golightly, played by Audrey Hepburn, is a young socialite who falls in love with a man in her apartment building. The movie dives into the relationship between money and companionship, and who could miss Audrey Hepburn’s iconic wardrobe.

Valentine’s day isn’t my even close to being my favorite holiday, in fact I didn’t really celebrate it in the traditional way. The closest I’d get to a Valentine’s day mood was baking cookies with my friends and watching The Notebook or A Cinderella Story(one of my favorites). I usually prefer watching comedies and action movies over romantic ones, but Valentine’s is the one day of the year that I sit down and watch a Rom Com. If you love Valentine’s or not, it’s the perfect day to relax and treat yourself.

Yasmine Hetherington

UC Riverside '21

Yasmine Hetherington is an undergraduate student student at the University of California Riverside. She is majoring in Psychology with a minor in business. When she's not studying she enjoys painting, drawing, and hiking in her hometown in the Bay Area.
Hi, I'm Savannah. I'm currently a Senior at UCRiveride studying Sociology. After graduation, I'm looking into doing Public Relations with a media and entertainment company. My favorite things to do are find the best shopping deals and go on road trips.