5 YouTubers You Should Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.
Fall time has finally rolled around the corner which means only one thing—school is back in session! You’re caught between school work, internships, and part-time jobs it’s a miracle you have any free time at all. Sure, you’d love to turn on the TV to watch another rerun of “That 70’S Show” but how about swapping that remote and check out these fresh faces on YouTube instead. Whether you’re into cooking, beauty, or gaming, there is a YouTube soul mate out there just for you!

5.Catrific
If you’re a psychology junkie like me, than you’re going to love Catrific or simply ‘Cat’s videos!’ Her videos cover topics relating to personality and various typologies, such as the ever popular Myer-Briggs test to more creative videos such as “The Cube Exercise/Test”. This League of Legends lover also features gaming videos, advice videos, and hilarious collab videos with other YouTubers! If you’re in the mood for a fun, smart, and sassy gamer-psychology-enthusiast, check out Catrific on YouTube!

4. Strawburry17
If Meghan Camarena looks a wee-bit familiar, it’s probably because you’ve seen her on CBS’ “The Amazing Race”. Reaching the 10th leg out of 12 overall rounds shows that this little lady isn’t here to mess around. She’s got some serious determination, willpower and butt-kicking skills. Regardless of all that however, she’s a real softie at heart with just the amount of sweetness that matches what most people know her as, Strawburry17! If you’re into anime, Minecraft, music videos, and vlogs, this girl is for you! Check out what Meghan’s been up to after hitting up every continent on “The Amazing Race.”

3.AprilJustinTV
April, Justin, and their three cats (Sunrise, Charlie and Bob) have a special spot in my nightly agenda. Their vlogs have a real down-to-earth feel that makes you feel like you’ve personally known them all your life. Whether they are cooking up a feast in the kitchen, zip lining in Costa Rica, or simply hanging out with their cats, their videos are always the perfect way to end my chaotic day. Not to mention, this ambitious couple does a weekly “What You Wanna Know Wednesday” (WWK) where they answer real questions from their subscribers (including the juicy ones).

2. The Fashion Citizen
The twin sister duo Stephanie and Melissa, together known as TheFashionCitizen on YouTube, have really made their mark in the fashion YouTube community. With multiple DIY videos and thrift hauls, they show today’s fashionistas the beautiful art of stretching le dollar. Sophisticated, feminine, and elegant Melissa (left) balances out Stephanie’s (right) edgy and spunky style. If you’d love to see a $20 outfit look like a million bucks, I highly suggest you head over to Stephanie and Melissa’s channel TheFashionCitizen!

1.FeastOfFiction 
If you’ve ever wondered how to make Scooby Snacks, Krabby Patties, or Butterbeer along with a number of other fictional delicious sounding foods, the 
FeastOfFiction YouTube channel is the channel for you! With easy step by step instructions– and not to mention fantastic costume presentations– FeastofFiction 
easily takes number one in my must-watch list. I’m telling you, this is a culinary heaven for any fiction fan!

nlagm002

UC Riverside

Senior Psychology major at UCR, Disney enthusiast, Chai Tea-holic, Potterhead, traveler and thrift junkie.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside