5 YouTube Series to Check out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

If you are anything like me your summer will consistent of lots and lots television and well, nothing else. So here’s a short list of YouTube shows that will leave you smiling.

1. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

This series takes a modern twist on Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.  Lizzie (Ashley Clements) is the twenty something middle sister who’s in grad school studying communication dealing with a crazy schedule and an even crazier life. You’ll fall in love with the characters all over again including the beautiful William Darcy. No need to wait for new episodes as the series is sadly over but make sure to stick around as the writers are helmed to create a new series based on another Jane Austen Novel!

2. My Last Days

Featured on SoulPancakes channel, each episode of this documentary features the devastating story of one person (and his or her family) who has been diagnosed with a terminal disease. These stories will make you reevaluate your whole life and truly appreciate all you have. Grab some tissues and be prepared to be amazed.

3. Vlogbrothers

Nerdfighters everywhere are sure to know this channel by writer John Green and his brother Hank Green. The Vlog… is about…well this Vlog features everything. As said by John and Hank ”it’s not about anything in particular. Whether we’re talking about our lives, making each other laugh, or trying to get something more important across, people seem to enjoy it,” and of course don’t forget to be awesome.

4. Lauren

This Web series found of the Wigs channel, describes the brutal rape of Sergeant Lauren Weil (Troian Bellisario) at the hands of her fellow soldiers. She is forced to choose between what she loves and what’s right, when reporting the crime. Lauren tackles some serious issues about rape in the military force and leaves viewers up in arms about military ignorance of Rape. Lauren has currently two seasons with a third season out soon. Wigs presents a series of short films and documentaries about the lives of women. So check it out!

5. WHATTHEBUCKSHOW

Michael Buckley’s internet show features the latest celebrity news. What the buck!? Is hilarious, plain and simply. Michael tells it like it is but is never a bully like many other celebrity bloggers, WHATTHEBUCK will have you laughing all day and is updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Enjoy!

Daisy E Soto

UC Riverside

Born and raised in sunny California. Daisy would learn the ancient ways of the 'valley girl.' she would go on to graduate from an unknown high school in Fontana and move to Riverside to study with the highlanders. She is in a committed relationship with her English bulldog, Toby and her television. Daisy idolizes authors such as John Green, Jane Austen, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips and hopes she can be a speck as brilliant as they are in the future.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside