5 Summer Hairstyles Inspired By Gossip Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Gossip Girl was not only known for its scandals and schemes, but it was also known for the great style that the ladies of the show sported when in the act.  Although the series ended its stint on the small screen nearly a year and a half ago, many of the looks were on point, especially the hairstyles that each of the characters donned. Since I’ve been binge watching the show on Netflix, Gossip Girl is my current obsession and inspiration. A lot of the hairstyles worn by the characters are perfect for the summer and these are some of the looks I’ve been dying to try that can easily be done at home. XOXO. 

Blair Waldorf

Those who watch the show know that Blair always loved a good headband, but this was one of the looks that she was able to rock without any kind of hair accessory. All she did was a French braid and continued the look through out the rest of the loose hair in the back. She then secured the braid with a hair tie on the opposite side of her head behind her ear.

Serena Van Der Woodsen

Serena always had a knack of making relaxed hairstyles into chic sophisticated do’s and this look was no exception. This look is a simple side fishtail braid, with the hair slightly pulled out once the hair has been braided to achieve the relaxed, messy look.

Jenny Humphrey

After the first season of Gossip Girl, audiences saw Jenny’s fashion taste evolve. She started to wear her hair wavy and teased all over. This look is perfect for the summer because it will keep the hair out of your face, while giving you that edgy vibe that little J often rocked.

Ivy Dickens

This look worn by Ivy in season 5 is perfect for those summer nights on the town. Who doesn’t love a chic and sophisticated pony right?

Georgina Sparks

In this picture, Georgina is rocking a different kind of pony. Rather than having the hair straight all over, this look can be achieved by teasing the loose hair once your its all tied up.

Mia Garcia

UC Riverside

UC Riverside

UC Riverside