5 Shows I’m Addicted to On Netflix *Spoilers ahead*

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Nothing goes better with the fall like relaxing inside and binging some Netflix. The best way to watch Netflix is to grab a fluffy blanket, tasty snacks, and something to drink. These are all necessary when going on a Netflix binge. These are some of the best shows on Netflix in my opinion.

1. New Girl

(Photo Courtesy of Netflix)

My favorite show of all time is New Girl. This show revolves around Jessica Day, her best friend Cece, and her three roommates; Nick, Schmidt, and Winston. They all become close friends and help each other through their issues. They are all in the late twenties and early thirties still trying to figure out their lives. There are so many awkwardly funny and relatable moments in this show, that no matter how many times I watch it, it never fails to make me laugh.

2. The Office

(Photo courtesy of Netflix)

I’m going to be honest. I didn’t like The Office when I first watched it. My first impressions of it were that Michael Scott was a sexist, annoying jerk. However, after watching the first season, I saw that there was actually some character development. You start to see the way that his coworker’s actions change his personality. Some of my favorite scenes are those involving Jim and Dwight because of their frenemy relationship. There is also the undying love that Jim and Pam have for each other and some smaller character dialogue that leaves people feeling confused but in a funny way.

3. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

(Photo Courtesy by Netflix)

This show just recently got its debut on Netflix, but already it is a fan favorite. The show is a dark culty and is based off the Archie Comics. Archie Comics also wrote the Riverdale comics, so fans of that show will most likely love this show. The show follows Sabrina Spellman, a half witch and mortal, who must choose between her mortal and witch lives on her sixteenth birthday. Be warned that the show has some graphic scenes involving gore that adds to the creepy factor. Not to mention the feminist ideals that Sabrina uses at her school and in her witch life.    

4. Atypical

(Photo Courtesy of Netflix)

Atypical is about a teenage boy named Sam who is on the spectrum of autism. He comes to the conclusion that he is ready for romance and begins his journey. His mother is a bit overbearing and is used to taking care of him, but his new sense of independence makes her feel unwanted. Sam’s younger sister, Casey,  is used to being overshadowed by Sam’s needs but is given a great opportunity to go to a private school on a track scholarship. Their father is an EMT and disputes with his wife about Sam’s independence. Despite the craziness that is their family, they all work together to help Sam and in turn help each other grow.

5. The Good Place

(Photo Courtesy by Netflix)

The Good Place originally premiered on NBC, but the first two seasons are available on Netflix while the third season is being shown on NBC. The show is about four people who died and are sent to the Good Place, where they live in neighborhoods that are designed to give them all that they want because they were good people in life. The Bad Place is essentially where bad people go. Eleanor wakes up in the Good Place but quickly realizes that there was a mistake and she doesn’t actually belong there. She confides in her friends to help her stay in the Good Place and gets help from an Ethics professor named Chidi.

Each of these shows has some comedy in them, but like any good show can talk about important parts of life. There are many more amazing shows on Netflix to binge, however, these are some of my favorites. I hope that other people also love these shows or at least give them a chance.  

Priscilla Herrera

UC Riverside '20

My name is Priscilla Herrera and I am a student at the University of California Riverside. I am studying to get my bachelor's degree in Sociology. I love free-swimming mainly at Laguna Beach with my friends and family. Something I would love to do someday is skydive or bungee jump.
Hi, I'm Savannah. I'm currently a Senior at UCRiveride studying Sociology. After graduation, I'm looking into doing Public Relations with a media and entertainment company. My favorite things to do are find the best shopping deals and go on road trips.