Career > Her20s

Cozy Autumn-Winter Food Options Around Campus!

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC London chapter.

As the temperature gets colder, the trees get barer and the workload gets heavier- what better place to seek sanctuary than through delicious, seasonal food? Living in London means an abundance of food options not too far from campus and I have rounded up some of the best on offer!

Bbagel, Tottenham Court Road: 

Starting off with a basic option, I’m sure a significant amount of the UCL student population is aware of Bbagel. But if you aren’t, I would definitely suggest you visit! With a variety of bagel fillings, desserts which make the perfect post-study treat (I recommend the cannoli) and a student discount, you simply cannot go wrong. 

Pros: quick, variety of options, student discount

Honey & Co:

Perhaps a little less well known than the first option, I had the privilege of a friend introducing me to Honey & Co a few weeks back. Putting a Mediterranean twist on lunch classics, this is the perfect spot for something quick to grab but also a little different. With a wide range of sandwiches, drinks and pastries, there’s something for everyone! 

Pros: something different, close to senate house, cozy interior 

Dalloway Terrace: 

Nestled in the Bloomsbury Hotel, Dalloway Terrace is a great option for a special lunch or dinner. Adorned with flowers, the terrace overlooks Bloomsbury and provides a wonderful al fresco experience- just make sure to wrap up warm! They also offer an afternoon tea if you ever feel in the mood for the quintessentially British treat. 

Pros: afternoon tea, nice view, good for photos 

Ralph’s Coffee: 

About a half an hour walk from UCL’s main campus, lies Ralph’s coffee- an American origin café attached to the Ralph Lauren store. Popular on Instagram, Ralph’s is known for its green branded cups and dazzling interiors. Whether you want to study away from campus or just people watch, the wintery décor and comfortable seating provide the perfect setting for this. Just make sure to get there early or be prepared to wait- this spot is popular and gets busy quickly!

Pros: wintery interior, variety of snacks and drinks, friendly service 

Honest Burgers:

I’m sure a lot of you reading have walked past this spot on the way to campus- but I’m here to recommend you go in! Offering a variety of options, such as their vegetarian ‘fritter’ burger or vegan ‘plant’ burger, Honest Burgers seeks to bring inclusivity to the classic burger meal. With each burger including a pick from a range of sides (including rosemary salted chips made using potatoes from a fifth generation farm in West Sussex!) this makes the perfect place for a post-exam treat or catching up over dinner. I personally recommend the chicken pesto burger!   

Pros: range of options, comfort food, reasonably priced 

Franco Manca:

An ever popular option with students, Franco Manca provides the perfect setting for a celebratory dinner or special lunch. Offering a range of toppings on a sourdough base, their pizzas are perfect for a taste of Italy right on Tottenham Court Road. They also offer a plethora of desserts- I think their caramel pecan cheesecake would make the perfect autumn treat! 

Pros: nice ambiance, close to campus, filling food   

Simran Garcha

UC London '24

I am a third year student, reading English at University College London. Having previously published articles on issues such as COP and artificial intelligence, I enjoy researching a wide range of topics and sharing them with readers. I am particularly interested in writing on cultural and gastronomical activities around campus, although I also consider the wider London area within this. Outside of writing, I enjoy reading and historical study. I feel this empowers my writing nonetheless.