This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC London chapter.

Are you stressing out over your exams, deadlines and assignments? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Although you might feel like you don’t have any time to waste and need to spend every second revising, it’s really important to take a break from university sometimes. Both your body and your mind need time to recharge so you can be productive again. What’s a better way to do so than catching up with your friends over delicious food? My favourite meal to do so is certainly brunch. Especially on weekends, there’s nothing better than enjoying late brunch with your mates. I know, however, that as a student, money is often tight so most places in London seem unaffordable on a student budget, but I can assure you that there is a way to eat, drink and take your mind off your studies for a bit on every budget. 

£ – Have a Nice Picnic 

I know, this is not technically a café or restaurant, but in case money is really tight at the moment, this certainly does the job. Since spring is slowly but steadily arriving in the UK, what could be better than spending some time outside? Nothing relieves stress more efficiently than being active. London offers so many picturesque parks and you should definitely make use of that as soon as the weather gets better. Relax during a stroll around Hyde Park or enjoy the amazing view from Primrose Hill. Remind yourself of the beautiful sides of London. Top this off with a nice picnic and a long chat with your friends. No matter what it is you like to eat, go to a shop near you and pack all your favourite snacks and drinks. No matter how small your budget, this surely is a great way to catch up over brunch.

££ – Go to The Breakfast Club

Although The Breakfast Club has a reputation as being very touristy, it’s actually a really cool place and definitely worth it, especially if you have time to book a table in advance and can skip the often long queues. I like it not only because they have locations all over London, which makes it super easy for anyone to go to no matter where they live, but also because some of their meals are really good value for money. They offer breakfast till noon and have a big range of options. If you are on a budget you can, for example, go for a breakfast sandwich deal, which includes a sandwich, hash browns and a drink for £ 8,50. This will surely keep you full for the rest of the day. If you come with your friends, The Breakfast Club is a really good place to spend your study break in and their cool locations will definitely help you to take off your mind of your exams. 

Tip: Avoid the ones in Soho on weekends since they are usually pretty packed. Find one near you: https://thebreakfastclubcafes.com

£££ – Enjoy Bottomless Brunch at Daisy Green 

If you feel a bit more fancy and really want to use your study break to indulge in some nice food and drinks, I can personally recommend Daisy Green. They also have various locations all over London (one is even on a boat), so there is definitely one that’s right for you. They offer bottomless brunch for £ 39 per person. This might sound a bit expensive at first, but their value for money is great. You can choose one savoury and one sweet dish from their menu, plus you get unlimited prosecco or mimosas for 100 minutes. From experience, I can tell you that it is almost impossible to finish all the food you get and it’s absolutely delicious. Besides, all their locations are very ‘grammable’. Most of their locations are in high demand so definitely book your bottomless brunch in advance. Bottomless brunch is a real treat and definitely makes a great study break!

Check out their locations: https://www.daisygreenfood.com

In the end, it is important to keep in mind that no matter what your budget is and where you want to go, always make sure you take some time off your studies and work to drink enough, eat well and spend some time with people you like. Nothing helps you to reduce stress more than that and it will keep your body and mind healthy, even during the most stressful times.

UCL 2020 - MA Digital Media - Austrian
Peaches was the first ever Her Campus Community Correspondent at the University College London Chapter. She became involved in Her Campus as she is passionate about the empowerment of women as well as raising awareness of the inequalities and prejudices women face in their day to day lives.