Where to Donate this Season of Giving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

The holiday season is a perfect time to donate, but if you don’t know where to donate, I have some potential ideas for you (if you have the means, of course).

1. Donate to your favorite creators! Many creative people rely to some extent on donations from people who enjoy their work, so please don’t just enjoy their work for free if you have the means to give them something in return. For example, I recently donated to the creators of my favorite podcasts.

2. Donate to those who have educated you for free online. Ever read an excellent educational thread on Twitter or a post on Tumblr? People are typically paid to educate in person, and the same should apply to those who are educating on the internet.

3. Donate to your favorite charity. If you have a particular charity that you love, but often forget to donate to, now is the time to do so!

4. Donate to groups who are doing the work to push for political policies or candidates that you like. The folks doing that work have to make a wage, or else they aren’t able to lobby on behalf of you.