This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.
On Tuesday, Nov. 4, several collegiettes exercised their right to vote for the very first time. Upon coming to college at the age of 17 or 18, many students are yet to experience how to vote prior to college. Voting is an important part of being a citizen, and more college-attending students should take it seriously, as their educated minds are valued input. Especially when absorbed in studying or campus life, it is hard to remember to register and take a moment to research propositions on the ballot and all, but regardless it is worth the extra time.  If you didn’t get a chance to this year, make sure you push yourself to next year. Even if it is not an exciting Presidential election, the propositions still affect you, too, so participate in the 2015 elections!
Manisha Sriram studies Literary Journalism with a Spanish minor at the University of California, Irvine. She is involved with the Campuswide Honors Program, interns at Orange Coast Magazine in editorial and marketing, and is a member of her sorority, Pi Beta Phi. From a young age, she was interested in being a journalist, talking to people, and writing to the public. From spending her whole life in the Bay Area before moving to Southern California for college, Manisha still remains a Golden State Warriors basketball fan and an Oakland A's baseball fan, so be sure to catch her at a game soon. Stay updated with Manisha on social media here: Twitter @womanisha Instagram @womanishaaa
...