UCI’s Wayzgoose

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.
Wayzgoose festival, a tradition at UC Irvine going back to the 60’s, brought students, alumni, and high schoolers all across California to UC Irvine for a day full of festivities. Among the spectacle of booths was a 40 foot ferris wheel and a petting zoo with furry friends to frolic with. Little time was left to spare between games, tours, and live performances by the cheer team and other groups. For those who stuck around in the afternoon there was a free concert, and for the young at heart there were giant bubbles to play with. Wayzgoose 2011 was a success and a heart-warming tradition showing Orange County and the surrounding community what UCI has to offer.
Photo credits: Wes Koseki
Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.