This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

As final exams come to an end and the holidays commence, it is important to fuel ourselves with music. Now, whether it is in the car on the way to your grandparents’ house, or your drive down back to your hometown, there is a Taylor Swift song that will perfectly capture the essence of that moment.  Without further ado, I present to you the Must Listen To’s for this Holiday Season (Taylor Swift edition).

1. ‘tis the damn season 

Starting off strong we have one of my personal favourites, “‘tis the damn season.” This is the perfect song to listen to on your way to your hometown, or better yet, when you get there. With the lyrics, “And it always leads to you and my hometown” Ms. Swift beautifully illustrates the feeling of arriving back to where you once lived and the rush of emotion when the familiarity of someone you loved stains every room you walk into. Another cheery lyric is, “You can run but only so far. I escaped it too. Remember how you watched me leave.” I think it perfectly encapsulates that moment in which you are standing in your hometown and perhaps doing some reflection on past situations and on how it has brought you to this very moment. Now, everything might be different, but who you were in your hometown before you left is still a version of you that grew into who you are today. That is something to celebrate and listening to ‘tis the damn season is a lovely way to do exactly that. 

1. evermore (feat. Bon Iver)

This song is a brilliant song to listen to this holiday season. It feels like a hug after the stress inflicted on us all after final exams. The song ends with the lyrics, “I had a feeling that this pain wouldn’t be forevermore.” I think that it serves as a good reminder that no matter what we may think our endings look like, there is a point when it all starts to get better. With a goodbye to the final exams we have taken, we can now look forward, knowing that not only will it get better, but that Taylor Swift has a song for everything.   

1. Snow On The Beach (feat. More Lana Del Rey)

If you want to feel like you’re ascending into the sky on a cloud of snow then this song is for you. With Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift’s voices together, this song feels like holiday bliss. The holidays are different for everyone, but I have always found there to be a lingering hope in the air during this time. Families may gather in their homes after what seems like a long time, laughter echoes through crowds, and strangers smile at each other. It feels rare but so beautiful. This song feels like those moments and the lyrics, “flying in a dream, stars by the pocketful” perfectly illustrate the simple and dreamlike feeling of the holiday season. 

1. Back to December (Taylor’s Version) 

If you’re feeling nostalgic then this one is for you. This song is a little trip down memory lane to Decembers of the past. “And I go back to December all the time.” With holidays there are also past memories and moments to look back on. If you are feeling reminiscent of last December and how so much has changed since then, this song is a perfect pick. Something I have learned is that so much can happen in a year and we ourselves can grow a lot in that time. Maybe who you were last year isn’t who you are today. It’s important to appreciate where we stand today and how far we’ve come, but it never hurts to take a moment and think about the past. If you feel like going back to December then this one’s for you. 

1. Christmas Tree Farm

One of her wholesome songs, Christmas Tree Farm, feels like a warm hug. This song really feels light and nostalgic as it truly puts you in the Christmas spirit. “Sweet dreams of holly and ribbon, mistakes are forgiven, and everything is icy and blue.” Swift really sets the scene with her lyrics and takes you somewhere safe and familiar. It reminds me of Christmas tree decorating and living room dancing. Imagine a cottage with a fireplace and laughter with the people you love. This song is exactly that. 

NOELLA MINASSIAN

UC Irvine '25

Hi, I'm Noella :) I am a third year journalism student at UC Irvine. I have always loved writing and hope to continue writing in the future. Growing up in England, I was always encouraged to read. My favourite book is, 'Alone With You in the Ether' by Olivie Blake. It is always my go-to recommendation to any fellow readers. Like many people, I enjoy listening to music and seeing friends in my spare time. I like to stay active and sometimes go on neighbourhood runs. I particularly like to write about life and wellness. I think there is so much to think about and expand on with these topics. As a woman entering her twenties, I am very much navigating through love and life. I have more questions than answers, but I realise there is a kind of freedom in the time I have, to grow and understand. Writing is my passion and I love to spend time with my thoughts and put them on paper. I think writing is an important tool, and one that is worth sharpening.