david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Quick and Easy Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, and midterms on your mind, there’s so much to do and not enough  time to plan your perfect Halloween costume. Don’t worry procrastinators, we’ve got you covered. It’s time to covet your closet to make a fun and easy costume in little to no time.

1. Blair Waldorf and pose of Gossip Girl

Spotted. Anteaters trying to be Queen B herself. Channel your inner Gossip Girl with a school girl ensemble. Pair a basic white dress shirt with a dark flare skirt, put on some knee high tights, wear a bedazzled pair of ballet flats, and accessorize with a neck tie or scarf. Don’t forget the headband and your phone, an essential part in becoming part of the Upper East Side. 

2. Sandy from Grease

It’s easy to become “bad” Sandy from the musical Grease. Pair your favorite leather or waxy leggings or jeans with a black tee, put on some red heels, and hoop earrings. To complete your look, throw your motorcycle jacket over your shoulder.

3. Pirate

Ahoy! An easy costume to put together in a flash! Pirate costumes have been popular in the past years and it is one of the easiest costumes to re-create from your closet. Pair a ruffled or tiered blouse with black leggings or jeans, hang a wide belt over your hips, choose your favorite pair of tall boots (slouched boots would work perfectly with the pirate theme) and accessorize with tons of gold jewelry. Finish the look by tying a bandana on your head and you’re ready to go!  

4. Vampire

When in doubt on Halloween, makeup can turn an ordinary outfit into a costume in seconds. Become a Vampire this year by changing your makeup routine with a vampy and dark look. Wear your favorite ‘goth’ inspired dress (maxi, mini, high-low, anything will work) with heels and vintage inspired jewelry.  Don’t forget to add fangs and a few drops of fake blood to complete your look.

5. Lumberjack

Guys, don’t think I forgot about you! If you’re clueless about your costume, not to worry, look at your closet and you might already own all the things necessary for this Lumberjack costume. Wear your favorite plaid flannel or button down shirt with your favorite pair of jeans. Add some suspenders, a beanie, and finish by pairing them with some boots. Get plastic toy axe to complete your look.  

Esmeralda is a transfer student studying Psychology & Social Behavior at UC Irvine. She enjoys reading, dancing, cooking/baking, and has an interest in all things fashion/art related.