This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Yes, you read the title correctly. This article is going to give you the inside scoop on how to become the Queen of Wrap. As in, the best gift wrapper of this holiday season. We all know how easy it is to simply pick out a gift bag from target and toss in whatever gift you bought for your friend or family member. However, if you have a little extra time on your hands, it doesn’t take too much to turn your gift from “basic” to “so cute I don’t even want to unwrap this.” You’ll surely impress everyone on your gift list by following these easy tips and tricks.

Use Unique Tissue Paper to Spruce up Your Gift Bag

If you plan on going with the classic gift bag, try using a contrasting color for tissue paper. You can also find tissue paper with different prints and patterns. Here is a cute metallic tissue paper from target. This will definitely give your gifts a little more personality.

Try Different Materials for Gift Wrap

Instead of regular holiday wrapping paper, you can experiment with different materials such as newspaper or butcher paper. You can even doodle on the butcher paper for all of your loved ones to enjoy!

Create Personalized Gift Tags

All it takes is card stock, a hole puncher, and ribbon or string. You can use ribbons with different colors and designs to give your gift tags a personal touch. Don’t forget to write who the gift is for and who it is from. Also, you can add a thoughtful message and some stickers to really make it special.

Implement Nature Into Your Wonderful Gifts

Collecting flowers and leaves is a super fun and easy activity to do after spending some time in the outdoors. Use pretty buds to create little bouquets for the top of your gift boxes. Here is an idea from Pinterest that was intended for Mother’s day, but can totally be used for any occasion! This is the perfect touch for all of the flower children out there.

Bow Down B*tches

Use wide ribbon to create eye-catching bows for all of your gift boxes. Don’t be afraid to use different colors and prints for this as well. Here is just one of the many tutorials you can find online on “How to tie the perfect bow on a gift.” Now you’re ready to take on the holiday season. Go out there and sleigh. Happy gifting!

Natalia Cabrera

UC Irvine '18

Hi! My name is Nat and I am a third year student at UC Irvine. I'm proud to call sunny Los Angeles my hometown.  I love being a tourist in my own city; going to museums, trying new places to eat, and exploring locations for cute photo-ops! 
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.