Places to Visit in Irvine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Need a study break from the overwhelming chaos of midterms? We have just the place for you to go out, and spend some time away from the stress of school.

Turtle Rock Viewpoint Trail

The trail at Turtle Rock is a perfect place to go on a quick hike. The trail is almost three miles, but it is not too steep. The best time to go would be when the sun is rising or setting because it provides a great view of the city. But, if you are looking for an even better view, taking the trail early in the evening with some friends provides a view of the city at night with all the lights shining. 

Irvine Museum 

The Irvine Museum is the perfect spot if you are looking for a quiet afternoon, and are interested in admiring magnificent art. A lot of the art in the museum is depicting nature, and the importance of preserving the beautiful environment around us. The museum opens Tuesday-Saturday from eleven in the morning until five in the afternoon. There are also tours available. 

Great Balloon Park

If you are looking for some adventure, and something to cross of your bucket list visiting the Great Park Balloon is the place for you. Take a giant helium balloon ride 400 feet above the ground! It would be a great trip to take with a big group of friends, because the balloon can fit between 25-30 people! 

Crystal Cove State Park

Located a little outside Irvine in the neighboring city of Laguna Beach, Crystal Cove State Park provides a space to do many things at once. You can enjoy the beautiful beach, while going on a hike or taking a bike ride on their magnificent trails. Another thing you can do is visit the historic district which is filled with beautiful cottages by the beach. You can also rent a cottage overnight, and wake up to the sound of the ocean the next morning! 

Irvine Spectrum

Did someone say shopping? The Irvine Spectrum is the perfect place to go out and enjoy a day of shopping! You can chose from multiple restaurants locations at spectrum when you are hungry for some lunch or dinner. Enjoy a day out with friends or family, and get a chance to ride the Giant ferris wheel. 

Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.