Our Guide to Slaying Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Fall in Southern California is pretty much the best time of the year! The temperature drops to low 70’s, stores are filled with pumpkin spiced everything and sweater weather begins! Her Campus at UC Irvine is here to make your transition into the Fall Season as easy as pumpkin pie. We have created a Fall guide to the best Food, Fashion, and Makeup for the season!

1. Pumpkin Spice Up your Life

The Pumpkin Spice Latte has become a staple for the fall however why stop your pumpkin spice party there? Here is a list of must have Pumpkin Spiced products from Trader Joe’s that you need to try out this season!

• Pumpkin Pie Mochi Ice-cream
  • Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
  • Pumpkin Butter (Like cookie butter, but better!)
  • Pumpkin Pancake/Waffle Mix
  • Pumpkin Rolls
  • Joe’s Pumpkin O’s

2. Candles

Candles in the fall are comparable to fireplaces in the winter. Lighting a candle to unwind after a long day at school or work is my idea of relaxation. Make sure to splurge this season with a candle that’s scent reminds you of home. Here are our favorites from Bath and Body Works.

• Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
  • Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
  • Sweater Weather
  • Marshmallow Fireside
  • Pumpkin Apple

3. Fall Outfits

Finding the perfect staple pieces is on every girls to do list. Making sure your outfit is the perfect combination of comfy, fashionable, and versatile can be challenging! We recommend sticking to dark colors such as black, grey, burnt orange, wine red, brown, olive green or burgundy. Some key staple pieces for this season are long cardigans, knee high boots, booties, chokers,  leggings, flannels and chunky sweaters.

4. Darken your Makeup Look

Nothing screams Fall like a dark nails, deep lips and heavy winged eyeliner. For Nails we recommend you stick to dark colors like Burgundy, Chocolate Brown and Black. For lips and eyes, thanks to Kylie Jenner, there are tons of options for beautiful lips colors and eyeliners that are sure to complement your skin tone. Our favorite fall colors from lip kit collection are Dead of Knight, Kourt K, Leo and Brown Sugar. For eyes, we recommend you check out her Kyliner Kit available in brown, bronze, chameleon, and of course black.

With our guide you are sure slay this season! Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more Fall related articles to come.

Traveling, fashion, adventure!