This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Being a second year and not living on campus is a struggle for me because I know I have to make the most out of my gaps throughout the day. Because of this, I have been forced to find spots on campus where I can sit down and concentrate on working for the full gap. Here is a list of my three favorite spots on campus to work.

1. Humanities Gateway: The little grass area in Humanities Gateway is a great spot to sit down and relax or even study in between classes. The benches near the grass towards the back give a great view of the cute little bunnies that hop around the bushes next to the building. I love sitting there and watching them play with each other in the grass. Anyone who loves bunnies will love this spot on campus. Also, the view of the sunset is absolutely amazing! I did not know about it until I happened to witness it one afternoon on accident. It is something I definitely recommend witnessing before leaving UCI.

http://aandh.com/uci-humanities-gateway.html

2. The Sixth Floor of the Science Library: I know that the library is the most common study space for students who find themselves on campus for long periods of time, but the view of the back of the school from the sixth floor of the library is somehow calming to me. The days it has been raining in the past month provided an even better view of the outside, as the rain fell and was carried away by the wind. It is a great view to motivate me to hit the books and focus on getting work done.

3. Paul Merage School of Business: If you have ever walked by the School of Business, you know well that it is a very modern spot on campus, with great buildings and spaces to sit down and work. If you have ever gone at night then you know that the lights hanging from building to building, above the chairs outside, give the spot a great atmosphere to sit down and work. If you happen to be on campus at night, make sure to check out this spot and just sit and enjoy the outside as you study hard!

https://merage.uci.edu/news/for-the-media/facts-figures.html

Emily Flores

UC Irvine '21

Emily is a third-year student at the University of California, Irvine. She is an English and Spanish Literature double major. She is currently learning Korean and would like to one day teach English in South Korea. In her free time, Emily loves reading, writing, and drawing. "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged cupid painted blind." -William Shakespeare
Christine Chen

UC Irvine '19

Christine is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UC Irvine. In her free time, she enjoys reading books, listening to business tech podcasts, running, and making people smile! :)