This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

The most wonderful time of the year is finally here friends! I love Christmas, and I think I have been looking forward to it even more this year. While it may not be celebrated as usual due to the pandemic, we can still be festive at home, so get out the decorations, jam out to Mariah Carey and get ready to binge watch holiday shows. Christmas is just so comforting and happy, something 2020 needs. 

As much as I adore Christmas movies, I think it’s time that TV shows get their recognition too. So many wonderful series have spent Christmases with us. Below is my compiled list of holiday themed episodes you need to watch this season: 

New Girl: “LAXmas” (Season 4, Episode 11)

This series is hands down one of my all time favorite shows. Friendship, love and humor is what makes New Girl so special. The cast dynamic is superb. Add all of that together with Christmas and a perfect episode is created. While I recommend watching all of their holiday themed episodes, “LAXmas” gets my honorable mention. The Cece/Schmidt and Nick/Winston pairings of this episode are great. The chaos of catching flights at LAX is so relatable. Jess becomes frenemies with an airline employee. The dialogue is hilarious yet heartwarming. Have I convinced you to watch it yet? I hope you are turning on Netflix as we speak. 

20th Century Fox Television / TV Guide

The Office: “Christmas Party” (Season 2, Episode 10) 

Christmas at Dunder Mifflin resulted in some of the funniest and most-loved episodes of the show. There are seven total Christmas episodes, which are all great individually, but the one I think everyone needs to watch is the very first one. It set up the annual traditions and jokes for the rest of the seasons. It is charming and simple. The plot revolves around Secret Santa, which Michael turns into a White Elephant gift exchange after not getting what he wants. A classic Michael tantrum. I should also note, there is an adorable scene with Jim and Pam. #PB&JForever “Christmas Party” set the bar high. Thankfully, The Office is still on Netflix through December, so go check it out before it’s too late!

Gossip Girl: “Roman Holiday” (Season 1, Episode 11) 

Hello, upper east siders. Unfortunately, we only got two Christmas episodes in Gossip Girl, but they do not disappoint. Bring on the drama. In this episode, Dan and Serena figure out what to get each other for Christmas. Chuck and Nate head off to Monaco. Blair is up to her usual schemes. I don’t want to spoil too much, but who else dreams about spending Christmas in New York? Watch this episode and pretend like you are. Enjoy, xoxo… 

Friends: “The One With the Holiday Armadillo” (Season 7, Episode 10)

Friends is 100% one of my comfort shows, so I obviously had to put them on the list. The show is so light hearted and funny. Since it’s no longer on Netflix (which fyi I’m still sad about), the series is a little harder to watch, but a lot of channels play reruns and have holiday marathons (yay!). This particular Christmas episode focuses on Ross teaching his son about Hanukkah, and when there are no more Santa costumes, he decides to dress up as an armadillo, because why not. David Schwimmer, who plays Ross, says it is one of his favorite episodes of the show. It’s priceless and the group of actors are so memorable together. 

Warner Brothers

The Great British Baking Show: Holidays  

I personally love watching cooking and baking shows. I find them so interesting and enjoy seeing what the amazing competitors create. Baking is such a huge part of the holiday season, and this show makes you want to get up and make some Christmas treats. There are currently two seasons on Netflix, and the third season is coming out this week! I know I’ll be watching. 

I can make this list longer, but I think it’s a good start. I’m gonna go put on some Christmas pajamas, make some hot cocoa and get to watching. I hope you love my favorite Christmas episodes as much as I do. Have a safe and joyous holiday season! 

P.S. I feel like it’s very necessary to mention that Disney+ has a whole section of Disney Channel Holiday Episodes. Who else remembers the “Good Luck Charlie: It’s Christmas” movie? Or “Good Luck Jessie: NYC Christmas”? How about “Christmas at the Tipton”? And is anyone else still salty over Wizards of Waverly Place not getting a Christmas special? We were robbed. Anyways, I’m so excited to relive my childhood during winter break. Bring on the nostalgia. 

Kaitlyn is a third-year majoring in psychological science. She was born and raised in Southern California and loves taking therapeutic drives down PCH. She is passionate about mental health awareness, fashion, Harry Styles and making memories with her friends.